Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Two years, and lots of fuel and DEF later, I still don't know if my 3500 has ever performed a regen.

If it has, it managed to go by completely unnoticed by me. Wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight, not knowing?
Mine clearly tried to go into regen at idle after I remote started it this morning. I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing I interrupted the regen once I got to work? No, I don't wonder, I'll sleep just fine...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Two years, and lots of fuel and DEF later, I still don't know if my 3500 has ever performed a regen.

If it has, it managed to go by completely unnoticed by me. Wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight, not knowing?
I won’t sleep either...in solidarity. 6 mos and 7k miles Gabe me thinking the same. No regen to my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Other than when it regens in traffic or is in the middle of one when I shut down (smell and ting-tinging), the only way I've ever known was by watching EGTs. I've never really seen the MPG drop; it varies a lot during driving anyway. It is a good thing that it regens without any fanfare. That's how it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
I still won't be able to sleep. If for no other reason, because I can't let esminbritt down.

·
Registered
235 Posts

In the same boat as Jimmy N. In my two years with my 2500 I have no idea. Most of my driving is highway and towing heavy so I suspect the regens might not be necessary for me.

And I sleep great at night too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
No regen to my knowledge.
Guarantee you, it has done a number of regens in 7K miles, you just haven't been aware of them.

I run so many highway miles, half of which are towing heavy, that mine does quite a bit of passive regeneration, but I do notice the active regens from time to time, usually at times when I'm sitting still and notice the smell.

So, y'all are silly to let it keep you from sleeping at night, there are lots better things to lose sleep over.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im at 4500 miles in my 2018 G56 and I was wondering the same thing. So there is no way to really tell it’s doing a regen? My tail pipe looks brand new so I assume it’s running pretty clean.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I won’t sleep either...in solidarity. 6 mos and 7k miles Gabe me thinking the same. No regen to my knowledge.
I'm honestly not sure what I was even trying to say here. *Gave me??? Has me??? One of life's many mysteries

·
Registered
330 Posts
Im at 4500 miles in my 2018 G56 and I was wondering the same thing. So there is no way to really tell it’s doing a regen? My tail pipe looks brand new so I assume it’s running pretty clean.
Dude, I'm so jealous of your G56. No joke here. You got the last one ever. Well, last year...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Guarantee you, it has done a number of regens in 7K miles, you just haven't been aware of them.

I run so many highway miles, half of which are towing heavy, that mine does quite a bit of passive regeneration, but I do notice the active regens from time to time, usually at times when I'm sitting still and notice the smell.

So, y'all are silly to let it keep you from sleeping at night, there are lots better things to lose sleep over.
I'm mostly worried about Brexit.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Isnt a light supposed to come on? I have the DPF % guage on all the time now. I watch it vigilantly, waiting to see a single %. Just 1% and I'll bee happy. I feel like I'm being left out of the whole regen party.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I still won't be able to sleep. If for no other reason, because I can't let esminbritt down.
I'm not gonna be able to sleep because I'm wondering if this is sarcastic.

·
Registered
330 Posts
In the same boat as Jimmy N. In my two years with my 2500 I have no idea. Most of my driving is highway and towing heavy so I suspect the regens might not be necessary for me.

And I sleep great at night too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now you're just rubbing it in

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Isnt a light supposed to come on? I have the DPF % guage on all the time now. I watch it vigilantly, waiting to see a single %. Just 1% and I'll bee happy. I feel like I'm being left out of the whole regen party.
Have no real idea what the 2019's do, earlier trucks have no indicator of normal regen cycles, if the DPF gets close to 100% there will be a message pop on the EVIC, but that's not the norm.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dude, I'm so jealous of your G56. No joke here. You got the last one ever. Well, last year...
Thanks man. That’s why I got it.
It’s a really basic tradesman. But it’s definitely the nicest thing I have ever owned. Hopefully I won’t have to buy/look for another truck for 15 years or so....

61 - 80 of 116 Posts