Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running a SC and a BADP exhaust system now for 3000 miles. Except for a few hiccups the systems has run well. I installed the edge system this morning and left on stock for the first part of the drive. As soon as i kicked it up to level one the regen alarm went off and the truck started pouring out white smoke - thus it was in regeneration mode. It did not do this until I changed modes on the edge. Any ideas on why it is doing this or what I need to do to correct. The badp box has had a few hiccups with allowing regen mode in the past but had been doing well until today. Thanks for any input.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Something with the Edge must have re-triggered that hiccup you had before. I would give the fine folks at BADP a call and see if they have any suggestions before the weekend.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might be. but this truck goes into regen mode when i change power levels - it did it with the SC when i changed power levels and now with the edge as well. Oh... and this is the second box from BADP that I'm on now - and i still have regen. I'm soo tired of all this. I'm to the point of selling it and going back to the trusty gm. any help i'd love. so i can get this fixed right and not have to sell it

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Well i sure hope someone else can chime in. All i can think of is a bad connection somewhere since you are on your second box. Possibly one of the sensors has gotten sooted up, but not sure what the effect a power change would have on it other then each time you change levels the "ECM" re-evaluates the Truck and the loose connection is giving a reading that the DPF is full.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
might be. but this truck goes into regen mode when i change power levels - it did it with the SC when i changed power levels and now with the edge as well. Oh... and this is the second box from BADP that I'm on now - and i still have regen. I'm soo tired of all this. I'm to the point of selling it and going back to the trusty gm. any help i'd love. so i can get this fixed right and not have to sell it
BADP is cooming out with code free box.

This might help your truck.

Just hang in there. :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts