Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im thinking about going from 3.55s to 4.10s. My truck is a 5spd with 35s. i have two reasons to do it, really the truck is always lugging when im around town. When Im doing 35mph 3rd a lil to low and 4th is to high, about 1100 rpms. Its hard taking off in 2nd with the aftermarket clutch, it wants to jump alot. Im always taking off in 1st gear. The truck is not a highway cruiser, I dont drive it long distances. I mainly use it for my side business and Im pulling pretty heavy with the truck now. I bought a small dozer that weighs in around 17000lbs. Ive regeared a chevy 10 bolt a few years ago to 4.10s. I didn't think it was to bad, just time consuming with the shims and everything to get the backlash correct. So how hard is it todo a Dana rear end? I was just gonna do the rear first and take the front drive shaft out. I was planning on doing the front later down the road. I really use 4x4 for the 4low versus the need for added traction. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
731 Posts
if you've done it once, you can do it again. the same practices apply to danas as chevys. one might also put on smaller tires too. but to each his own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts