Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I regeared my maga cab to 3.73 my tires size is 295-70-18 which is two sizes bigger than stock. After going over the gear ratio Calculator I’m running almost 100 rpm higher than stock. My truck has 36k on it with the 3.42 and 305-70-18. My question is how long does it take for the computer to relearn with the new gears or do I need to buy a programmer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I regeared my maga cab to 3.73 my tires size is 295-70-18 which is two sizes bigger than stock. After going over the gear ratio Calculator I’m running almost 100 rpm higher than stock. My truck has 36k on it with the 3.42 and 305-70-18. My question is how long does it take for the computer to relearn with the new gears or do I need to buy a programmer.
I used the aev procal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
You really need a Pro Cal due to the pulse difference between the ABS and the trans.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
AlfaOBD can program the new axle ratio and tire size into the body control module.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cummins0867

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
How you liking the 3.73 so far? I've thought about it myself (3.42 now). Not a big change but with 35's I figured it would put it in the "sweet" spot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How you liking the 3.73 so far? I've thought about it myself (3.42 now). Not a big change but with 35's I figured it would put it in the "sweet" spot.

So far I do it gave me about 150 more rpms. I only have drove it about 2 hundred miles so far. The motor isn’t lugging like it was. I’ll keep you posted

·
Registered
745 Posts
My 11’ has 35’s and 3.73’s, and at 75 mph, I’m turning 16-1700 rpms with the 68rfe trans.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
The truck’s computers don’t need to know what gear ratio you changed to. It’s the tire size that is set in the BCM that matters, and will correct your speed and shift points. Skip all the one trick pony programmers and just get AlfaOBD, since it’s a far more capable tool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts