Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my truck from my regear today and all I can say is it was worth every penny. I’m running 37x13.5x20s and have a thuren 2.75” overland kit on my 2017 2500 and it made the truck feel like a different animal now. Got back so much low end and off the line torque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Cummins Freak
3,233 Posts
Congrats on getting your truck power back!!! I agree it is worth every penny!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just can’t wait to hook up the trailer again! Took the last 3 camping trips with the 37’s and the stock 3:42s

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
What did it run you? Ive got plans for a regear soon!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thinking about getting my gears changed out as well. What made you choose 4.10s?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to hear! I also plan to re gear to 4.10s when I put my 37s on next week.
Did you do anything to re calibrate the speedometer after adding the 37s?

I have an AEV procal. Best little programmer. It changed the computer parameters and fixed the shift points and Speedo. I was able to tell computer what axle ratio I am now running too so it shifts perfect

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thinking about getting my gears changed out as well. What made you choose 4.10s?

I was able to use factory parts. And it was recommended to me by multiple shops to be perfect for 37s. I’ll never go bigger then these. But being factory parts is the main reason why

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
I have an AEV procal. Best little programmer. It changed the computer parameters and fixed the shift points and Speedo. I was able to tell computer what axle ratio I am now running too so it shifts perfect

I’m seeing this more and more. My understanding has always been it’s not necessary. Never did it to my last 3 trucks.

What exactly did it fix regarding shift points?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m seeing this more and more. My understanding has always been it’s not necessary. Never did it to my last 3 trucks.

What exactly did it fix regarding shift points?

Ya amazing deal and recommended shop was from a bunch of off-road buddies. Changed the point at which the truck shifts itself. Before with the 37s it would shift either early or wouldn’t shift when I felt it needed to. Felt it mostly when towing my trailer. It just left off before telling the computer the correct tire size

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
I don’t want to mislead people with wrong advice moving forward. So essentially reprogramming still isn’t necessary unless you don’t like the shift points? As with any modification regarding the transmission.

·
Cummins Freak
3,233 Posts
Deal of the century.

Anyone who spends more than $2000 should shop around more!! Especially if you are using AAM parts. I spent less than the OP but it was because my truck had very low mileage and didn’t need all new bearing etc. $900-$1200 labor should be max if the shop is familiar with the AAM axles!!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Hoopers rear ends in sun valley. They were amazing to work with.

Wow! I literally drove past them last week!

Hmmm, I'll be back in the area in March.......

1 - 20 of 164 Posts