Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cummins Whisperer
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way for me to reduce the amount of smoke I'm putting out. I like the way the truck is running with the current setup but the smoke is getting to be annoying. I'd like to be able to stomp on the go pedal without fogging out the whole road. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to blast someone that deserves it but not everyone all the time.

Maybe I need an SRT-10...:lol3:

OK, I'm ready for the Gale Banks jokes..:T:

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I still have to say WHY. I love being behide a truck that can roll some coal. Does both me. Makes me dream about what I want to do to my truck. Who cares what other people think.

·
Diesel Head
1,973 Posts
well bud, where theres power......theres smoke, theres not a lot you can do about it....not sure what else to tell ya except to not stand on it so hard and so much lol

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
put an egg between your foot and the pedal, that will reduce the smoke. it's summer time now so the bikers will be out, i can't wait to get a truck to blast em. (bikers=pedal kind, not motorcycles)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Oh, look, somebody who votes and is using his lungs! Let's blast him with superconcentrated carcinogenic particulate matter to give our entire community a black eye!

Immature rude offensive irresponsible underminers of our hobby...

Provided that you aren't just running out of air, the best thing to do to reduce smoke is to advance the timing and increase injection pressure. If it isn't advanced or increased too far already, that is. Of course, with a 24 valve that isn't as easy a thing to do... But I don't exactly see how somebody with a 24 valve seriously ponders how to reduce smoke, either. Does it smoke excessively with your box off?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Oh, look, somebody who votes and is using his lungs! Let's blast him with superconcentrated carcinogenic particulate matter to give our entire community a black eye!

Immature rude offensive irresponsible underminers of our hobby...

ummm ok......:BS:

·
Cummins Whisperer
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, fight nice...:lol3:

I'm not going green or anything, I just want to clean up a bit. I'm guessing the 150's might be a bit much for this turbo. Thought about twins but that's a huge investment right now.

It still does it with the box off, not as bad though.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Yea...smoking bicyclists or motorcycles isn't cool..unless they deserve it.
as i stated above, not motorcycles, just the bicyclists that stay 3 wide in a 2 lane road and you can't pass them because of on coming traffic. those guys piss me off.:RANTIN:, and about smoking less, did you put injectors in? cuz that will make you smoke a hell of alot more unless you have a turbo to add more air for the added fuel. have you put the edge on tow mode or economy mode?

·
Registered
220 Posts
ya motorcycles can catch back up lol

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,366 Posts
Those 150 injectors are what is gettin ya! I have them and even with the box off it still smokes. Shoot it hazes just at idle!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm gonna install DDP 200's and BD Towing twins in the very near future, I'm thinking w/ the Adrenaline box off i'll be able to controll the smoke w/ my right foot. not to steal the thread, but what do ya guys/gals think?

I think keeping the smoke to a slight haze around town is good, but certain individuals deserve a dose coal. Like cyclists riding three abreast on the highway, when a bike path parrells the road, tailgaters, and people driving 45 in a 65 zone with dry roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts