Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I wanted to black out my stock 5 marker/cab lights on the top of my truck. I picked up a can of nightshades tail light dimmer from an auto parts store and completley blacked them out. But when night came, i turned them on to see if light would still shine through and the yellow lights turned RED! Ive heard different stories that in Texas you are not allowed to have any forward facing lights, but then i heard you can unless they are strobeing, which they obvious are not. Any ideas?
Thanks
-Grant

·
Registered
849 Posts
don't believe you can have any red lights facing forward it would look like the back of a vehicle just a safety thing i guess

·
Registered
799 Posts
From what I've been told (by the state trooper that pulled me over) is you can't have blue or red lights facing forward whether they flash or not. I had blue running lights on my bumper. But this is in Wyoming and I'm not sure if it's any different there but I don't think it is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From what I've been told (by the state trooper that pulled me over) is you can't have blue or red lights facing forward whether they flash or not. I had blue running lights on my bumper. But this is in Wyoming and I'm not sure if it's any different there but I don't think it is.
Bingo, No lights in common with emergency vehicles are allowed on the front of the truck. That's how it is here in Nebraska too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i did some research on this when doing my dakota and federal law states that only amber lights forward and red rear facing i had red down the side to light up the running boards and never had any problems hope this helps

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
Bingo, No lights in common with emergency vehicles are allowed on the front of the truck. That's how it is here in Nebraska too.
:ditto: For Idaho too...

Nice being part of the Salmon River Rural Fire Dept and a Captain of a fire station... :headbang:

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Yep its illegal i have blacked out corners that turned red and i have been pulled over twice for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts