Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 2008 Dodge 2500 and have now completed all the deletes, DPF, EGR, and EGR cooler and have a BlackMaxx installed. I am now wondering about which oil to use either Amsoil ACD, HDD or AME and why?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Same here... As long as you change your oil regularly, you really don't need to spend $5 a quart on oil. I have always used rotella-t 15w 40 in every diesel motor we have ever owned. I still have a few of our company 7.3l F-350's running around with 250k+ miles on them. One of them just rolled over 590K and we have never had any MOTOR issues out of them.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
1990 dodge towtruck since day 1 delo 400 over 1.3mill no probs 1 turbo and couple headgaskets i would say delo 400 is proven

·
Registered
896 Posts
According to most independent tests Rotella has the worst properties and protection. It is my understanding that Mobile Delvac is the number one oil on the market. After having written that, I would be willing to bet the best oil is the oil that you trust the most. If you don't have a confidence level with a certain brand of oil then you will not use it. I would venture to say that if you service your oil often enough then all of it is good.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Amsoil heavy duty Diesel and marine synthetic is what I use now with the deletes done

·
www.ATSdiesel.com
592 Posts
Amsoil heavy duty Diesel and marine synthetic is what I use now with the deletes done
I know people running rotella and they have good success but in the tests done, it is the worst... amsoil and mobil one tested almost identical... however amsoil has more detergents in it... my suggestion is what 08mega said... this is what I use and I will never switch

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hello all,
I have a 2008 Dodge 2500 and have now completed all the deletes, DPF, EGR, and EGR cooler and have a BlackMaxx installed. I am now wondering about which oil to use either Amsoil ACD, HDD or AME and why?
To answer the question, AME. Can run it year round and it is one tough oil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts