Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to add more filters - probly an FS1212 filter/separator just forward of the tank, and something like a CAT ir0751 between the stock filter and the CP3.

I've read about the "Big Line" kit and other threads on adding filters.

My engine is basically stock except for the usual deletes and will stay that way, so wondering if I should go bigger all the way up or just from the oem filter to the CP3 and what the stock fuel line size is coming out of the tank (3/8" hard line? - I haven't even seen the truck yet, am working 1700 miles from home - it's an 08) and whether I should go bigger anywhere i.e. from that first filter / separator up to the oem filter AND from there to the CP3, OR just from the oem filter to the CP3? From what I read, it seems like the "Big Line Kit" is just larger from the oem filter to the CP3?

I don't plan to add on any additional high cost pump setups as i've read a number of posts that say the stock in tank pump is OK even going thru 3 filters like that.

I do plan on adding a pressure gauge to monitor pressure up to the CP3 - is the outlet side of the oem filter, or the inlet of the CP3, a good place for gauge fittings?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,333 Posts
You will want to monitor pressure from the inlet of the CP3, after the last filter anywhere it fits.

3/8" line from the OEM canister to the CP3 is really all you need to upgrade to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.