Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current brakes have gotten to the point of squeaking, so it is time to change them out. Anyone have a recommendation on brakes for these trucks? With a 7500lb truck I'd like to get a good set of brakes and don't want to cheap out.

Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
FWIW, I still have the stock pads on my '11 with 118,000 miles and they still have half of the meat left on them...if I keep this truck long enough to put another set of pads on it, I'm going back with stock pads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that! I have been thinking of going back with stock ones, just seeing if there was something better. I have about 93k on the stock ones, so they have held up pretty good

·
Registered
503 Posts
There's always something better lol. And I, like you, do like the better things in life from time to time. But my brakes do everything that I ask of them. I have never been in a situation that I needed a better brake pad, and if these have 118k on them and still half pad, not sure how much better you can get.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
i have read alot about this lately. it seems as if the premium napa pads are working out well for everyone. and they leave very little break dust, which is a bonus over the oem pads.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Look at brakeperformance.com I've ran their stuff on a few vehicles I've owned. I like it seems to hold up well. I run my exhaust brake all the time so my rear brakes set up and then fell apart this past fall. I'm running their slotted rear rotors with ceramic pads. Been running good so far.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I put EBC Greenstuff pads on my 07 a few months ago so can't say how long they last, but they have better stopping power than the OE rear/whatever I put on the front about 50k ago. Also about 1/4 the brake dust of semi metallics.
I'm pleased with them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Man you guys got some serious mileage out of stock pads. I have 57k and mine are squealing now.

Anyone know if I will need rotors too or just the pads this early on? I was planning on going with the Hawk Superduty pads.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Mine are squealing at 32k but i have tons of life left. Also I have noticed factory pads normally last a lot longer then cheaper aftermarkets. Normal vehicles I run whatever but on all the bigger trucks that we have I normally run cheap rotors and factory pads

·
Registered
51 Posts
Squealing is enough for me to change them even if there's life left. I'm sure they could be pulled off and the grease re-applied but once I'm that far I would just replace the pads personally.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Squealing is enough for me to change them even if there's life left. I'm sure they could be pulled off and the grease re-applied but once I'm that far I would just replace the pads personally.
I agree with you on that! Mine however are so intermittent it's not worth messing with yet!

·
Registered
852 Posts
My front pads are getting low at 77k. I used rotors and pass from brake performance on my old Powerstroke. That's what I plan on using soon on my truck.

·
ordo ab chao
1,096 Posts
Hawk or EBC either will serve you well.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
129k out of stock pads and counting, prob have about 50% left, I think it's a testament to running the EB and tow/haul all the time myself, but cant be for certain.

I plan on the hawk pads in the next 25k from geno's and have read good reviews from them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts