Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say I have a 3rd gen (I do) and it is stock. I want to bump it up to 500 to 600 hp for towing and DD. Now assuming I will have the Garmon stage two built trans and triple-lock convertor etc., what is the best way to generally approach this?

I kind of wanted to switch to a 2nd gen exhaust manifold and seriously thinking about twin turbos. Or would a bigger turbo work just as well for towing and daily driving? No racing use here. My fifth wheel is about 8500 and of course my flats boat doesn't weigh enough to worry about. A gasser would tow that OK.

Anyway if I went with say a Smarty tuner, some 60 hp injectors, a 2nd gen manifold and either a bigger single or twin turbos, stock fueling (I already have an Airdog 150) would that pretty much get me to the 500 hp / 1000 ft. lbs mark? If so that would be really nice for towing and with the Garmon trans / Triple lock TC would be a really stout and solid towing vehicle. I would also do the freeze plugs in the head and put threaded plugs in to take care of that.

Pls reply with yall's recommendations as that will help plan what I am going to do about bumping it up some. Strictly towing and DD, no racing.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
With an 06 you might as well go with efi live instead of smarty. With the items you mentioned and some head studs you should be able to hit 550 to 600 hp if your cp3 can supply enough fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hamilton cam... does that correct for some of the emissions timing the factory used? Seems like I remember reading something about that a long time ago. Will search that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the stocked s475 and it keep get down,spools good and are cheap,efi live arson kit and the investors you mentioned important sure you would like it

Sent from my GT-S5690M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
388 Posts
I got the stocked s475 and it keep get down,spools good and are cheap,efi live arson kit and the investors you mentioned important sure you would like it

Sent from my GT-S5690M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
arson kit is deff not needed with 60hp nozzles.
i would look at a ed 63 on a super b special. look up ryethomas hes got a really nice setup running a ed 63/68

·
06 Cummins
2,906 Posts
efi live, ed 63mm turbo, 50hp injectors, and head studs, arsonIII, 600-625hp

Reactions: commtrd

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the arson kit? Guess I need to do a search again...

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I downloaded the Garrett turbo tutorial on turbo sizing and selection. It has some excellent info in there about the technicals on turbochargers. Good stuff on this site too searching for topics related to air and fuel management/tuner specifics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts