Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I need to replace my head gasket. Holy crap ARP studs are expensive. Anyways, any recommendations as to what I should do while I'm in there? I take it the Mahle gaskets are the ones to use? Is there any reason to take the head to a shop? Any inspections or anything I should do with the head while it's off? I already installed the 60# valve springs on the I&E. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
The head should be pressure tested for cracked and checked to ensure it’s flat. I’ve always went with a Cummins gasket. Topic is debatable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The head should be pressure tested for cracked and checked to ensure it’s flat. I’ve always went with a Cummins gasket. Topic is debatable though.

Ah, I didn't see Cummins gaskets. Just cheap ones and Mahle. I will look harder. I like the Cummins stuff as well.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Checkout Enterprise Engine. Good prices.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the same question. Doing the HG soon due to the typical leak around the thermostat housing. Definitely going to throw in some head studs but wasn't sure if there's anything else I should do while I'm in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts