Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

?recall for 06 fuel system

2835 Views 20 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  jb3231
I just got quote from dealer 16k to replace fuel system due to rust in tank. I have heard that there was a recall for the truck because of vent lines on tank were missing. does anyone know anything about this. I am not paying them to do it. they say everything from tank all lines pumps and cleaning cylinders. help:banghead::banghead::banghead:
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
I'm interested in hearing about this.....

· Premium Member
280 Posts
The only recall I know of was for the roll over vent on the tank. they fixed mine. not sure if it would cause rust in the tank or not.

· Heck if I know
5,303 Posts
These are the only recalls that I found

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Recalls
2006 DODGE RAM 2500 Recall ID from NHTSA: 06V038000
Auto Recall Date: FEB 09, 2006
Vehicle Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK:CONTROL UNIT/MODULE
Model Affected RAM 2500
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 39274 Recall Details

Auto Recall Date: FEB 09, 2006

Vehicle Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK:CONTROL UNIT/MODULE
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 39274
Model Affected
2006 DODGE RAM 2500

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Defect Summary:
ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS EQUIPPED WITH FOUR-WHEEL ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEMS (ABS), THE ABS ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT (ECU) MAY CAUSE A LOSS OF FRONT TO REAR BRAKE BALANCE, AND THE REAR BRAKES COULD LOCK UP PREMATURELY DURING CERTAIN BRAKING CONDITIONS.

Defect Consequence:
THIS COULD RESULT IN A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL AND CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.

Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE ABS ECU. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING THE WEEK OF JULY 17, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Estimated Vehicles Affected: 39274

Notes: DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION F05
2006 DODGE RAM 2500 Recall ID from NHTSA: 07E009000
Auto Recall Date: FEB 01, 2007
Vehicle Component: SUSPENSION
Model Affected RAM 2500
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 3350 Recall Details

Auto Recall Date: FEB 01, 2007

Vehicle Component: SUSPENSION
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 3350
Model Affected
2006 DODGE RAM 2500

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Defect Summary:
CERTAIN LKI ENTERPRISES, INC., BRAND NAME SUPERLIFT SUSPENSION, PITMAN ARMS SOLD AS REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT FOR 2003-2007 DODGE RAM 2500 AND 3500 4X4 LIGHT TRUCKS. DUE TO INADEQUATE HEAT TREATMENT DURING PRODUCTION, THE AFFECTED PITMAN ARMS MAY DEVELOP CRACKS IN THE UPPER SPLINED ATTACHMENT ATTACHMENT TO THE STEERING OUTPUT SHAFT. MOVEMENT BETWEEN THE PITMAN ARM AND THE OUTPUT SHAFT MAY DEFORM SPLINES, RESULTING IN PREMATURE WEAR AND FATIGUE FAILURE OF THE AFFECTED PITMAN ARM.

Defect Consequence:
PITMAN ARM WEAR OR FAILURE MAY LEAD TO LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Remedy:
LKI WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE PITMAN ARM, IF NECESSARY. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 12, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LKI AT 1-800-551-4955.

Estimated Vehicles Affected: 3350

Notes: L.K.I. ENTERPRISES, INC. 07-01PIT

· Registered
4,642 Posts
let me know what you find out please

· Registered
2,146 Posts
I just got quote from dealer 16k to replace fuel system due to rust in tank. I have heard that there was a recall for the truck because of vent lines on tank were missing. does anyone know anything about this. I am not paying them to do it. they say everything from tank all lines pumps and cleaning cylinders. help:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Not a recall,a rapid response and then a customer satisfaction notice f-19.

Water in the tank bad enough to bypass the fuel filter is extreme.I also notice you have an aftermarket tank.....good luck,you can turn it into your insurance company.I have had many insurance adjusters pay on these claims

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the aux tank was filtered going into the side tank. i talked with someone else that said there was a recall on the vent hose on the tank. i noticed that my tank does not have a vent hose but the vent is there.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
f19 is the recall vent hoses are missing on tank. crap will get in there one is concave and will collect crap. after all the mess i went through. i dropped the tank and cleaned it out took apart the lift pump and cleaned the screen rust was aparent. cleaned out the fuel filter housing. ran that truck for 1400 miles and four quarts of dextron/mercon transmision fluid through it 2 per tank. codes are gone truck runs like new. THE DODGE DEALER CAN KISS MY .

· Registered
1,030 Posts
f19 is the recall vent hoses are missing on tank. crap will get in there one is concave and will collect crap. after all the mess i went through. i dropped the tank and cleaned it out took apart the lift pump and cleaned the screen rust was aparent. cleaned out the fuel filter housing. ran that truck for 1400 miles and four quarts of dextron/mercon transmision fluid through it 2 per tank. codes are gone truck runs like new. THE DODGE DEALER CAN KISS MY .
What would be a good way to go about checking on this? I'm not home right now but this has me a bit concerned and would like to check it out..

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just looked in the fenderwell behind the filler hose or feel back there, there is either a hose or not. you can see it. there should also be another hose on the vent on the front.

· Cummins Fanatic/INJECTION PUMP TECH ADVISOR
419 Posts
I would stay away for the ATF. People like to use it for the strong detergents in it but it actually helps water bypass the water separator/fuel filter and deposit it in the injection system.

Where you having any issues before the rust was found?

· Registered
979 Posts
i was wondering if you can could get some pics or a lil more in depth discription of where this vent hose should be i'm a lil concerned myself and just want to check it out thanks

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if its a bad idea to use atf then what would be the next best thing to use to help pass or break up the deposit. before the rust was found the only thing i would say it did was you could hear a cycling sound while running, but it never really bothered me.

· Registered
979 Posts
thanks man ive been reading nothing but all these guys having injector problems and i sure dont have the money to be replacing injectors so if i can do anything to help keep everything good an clean ill do it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.