Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does anyone have insight on the recall coming on these trucks?I was scheduled to pick up my truck next week but just got word that depending on what the recall is they might not be able to have it ready In time. I guess they have already been instructed they cant sell them after the first of next month

·
Registered
85 Posts
I’m not sure. Is this for 2020 year models only or encompass 2019 as well? If you don’t know, that’s fine. I’m just curious because I took delivery of my new 2019 2 days ago.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Interested to know this as well

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey guys does anyone have insight on the recall coming on these trucks?I was scheduled to pick up my truck next week but just got word that depending on what the recall is they might not be able to have it ready In time. I guess they have already been instructed they cant sell them after the first of next month
I replied to your post in the other forum as well.

Does your truck have the 68RFE transmission? I attached the safety recall advanced communication notice. The remedy is currently under development, that is likely why the dealer cannot sell right now.

If you are a gas truck with the 8 speed, or the HO Cummins with the Aisin, I don't see any recall information that doesn't already have a remedy that would hold up sales.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Recall is for 2019-2020 trucks equipped with a 68rfe transmission. They say pressure can build and transmission fluid can come out of dipstick. Fire hazard. No fixes yet of course. :p
Edit: @ZRojas you beat me to it.

I must say, did they just not test these trucks or what? Seems like a lot of little bugs are popping up like crazy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I’m HO with Aisin. Not to say we won’t have any of our own. Hopefully they get the fix in and applied.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replied to your post in the other forum as well.

Does your truck have the 68RFE transmission? I attached the safety recall advanced communication notice. The remedy is currently under development, that is likely why the dealer cannot sell right now.

If you are a gas truck with the 8 speed, or the HO Cummins with the Aisin, I don't see any recall information that doesn't already have a remedy that would hold up sales.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wow you guys are fast. Thank you very much for the information. I ordered a HO so hopefully I will be able to pick as planned.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure if it was this forum or another, but I remember a post where a 2019 hd pushed atf out of the dipstick tube and did catch fire, if I remember correctly the dealer was trying to get out of covering it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Oh great.

Having gotten rid of my Ecodiesel and all the potential/documented fire problems and now into a 2019 2500 Cummins this is not good news. Reads like I avoided one fire to just step into another.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wonder how long my 2020 will sit at the dealer until they come up with a 'fix'.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like now's a good time to go buy a fire extinguisher to keep under the back seat.....

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Looks like now's a good time to go buy a fire extinguisher to keep under the back seat.....
Which you should have one anyway, just not under the back seat.
But it would be a good time to get an Aisin instead, apparently now for yet another reason.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Which you should have one anyway, just not under the back seat.
But it would be a good time to get an Aisin instead, apparently now for yet another reason.
I thought you could only get the Aisin with the 3500? I don't need a 1 ton.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts