Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing through youtube and discovered a recall for injector pumps with a date code of 163-169. Anyone have more info on this subject? Any input would be appreciated as my truck fall in the affected years of 1991-1993.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alright yes my truck does too. Now i belive the way it works if u look at the Tag on your injection pump and see an infinity symbol it has been replaced, or does not need replacing. However if your pump does not have the infinity symbol on it you should replace your pump. Now i am hoping that Dodge will still replace them however i doubt it. Maybe some one else knows more about this

91 W250 single cab LE Starwheel 1/4 turn. Sittin on 33" Toyos, with Eagle Alloys. Kickin 21 Mpg Highway, 16 town 167k miles!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
That is in reference to a safety recall about an issue with the IP. You can go to the Chrysler/Dodge website and inputting your trucks VIN will tell you if your truck is under the recall.

Being that it is a safety recall, it doesn't matter if the truck is 50 years old and a rusting heap. It is still covered and will amount to a new IP.

Don't get your hopes up for a new IP though as most of them have been addressed. Still, it wouldn't hurt to check. ;)

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
You can tell if it was be through the recall.
1.) the infinity symbol means it has been reworked/repaired.
2.) a 205 part number means it has been replaced.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darn, I checked the Chrysler website for possible recalls and to my dismay none exist for my VIN. Was hoping for a new pump!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Lol, me too!
Darn, I checked the Chrysler website for possible recalls and to my dismay none exist for my VIN. Was hoping for a new pump!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts