Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 ram ctd 2500 with 6inch superlift with firestone airbags w/spacer. Is there any company out there that makes a set rear traction bars that will work for the setup i have without having to fabricate anything(no cutting or welding)
As you can see in the picture....the bracket that's at the botton of the airbag/spacer i think would get in the way.............

any info would be greatly appriciated!
oh and this site rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
There was one on here a while back that replaced the lift block and had an arm/mount on it for ladder bars.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good ,, god this site is so helpfull. thank you very much.:peelout:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
These are the ones I have and they seem to work great. I dont get ANY wheel hop or axle wrap. RCD Accessories

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but where does it mount. most rear traction bars mount in place of my airbag bracket. do you have a picture of your setup. that would really help me out.....i do like the look of the rcd.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I dont have my truck hear today to look and conferm. But if I rember corectly it mounts to the axle under the Block & leaf pack.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if that were the case im pretty sure it will work then.
did you take alook at the thumbnail of my set up. how would you think it would work out from just the pictures minus you not 100% sure of you traction bar set up.:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
If they mount the war i think they do/rember it. It would work great. You could call RCD to conferm.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:peeloutthanks ill give them a call and let you know how or if they will work.......:peelout

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
sounds good:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i checked with rcd and the tech guy said that it will not work with my setup.
does any one have any other solutions other than custom fabrication.

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
I know Superlift makes a set of traction bars...my uncle put them on his truck with the 6 inch superlift. If I remember correctly, they bolt on. Not sure about being compatable with the air bags though. Give em a call....I think Marty is the guy's name you want to talk to. I know the guy who founded superlift, and he said that Marty will be able to answer any questions lift related that you throw at him.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the info "red rum" but i was just talking to them before you just posted...they said that they will not work because the brackets that mount the traction bar to the axle is exactly where the bracket for my airbags go.......but i did get a reply back from one up offroad. and they said that there set will work for me and in fact i would be able to get rid off the airbag spacer and all off the lower mounts to the bag. the reason for this is that my airbags will sit right on top of their kit...........thanks for every1's help. i post pictures as soon as its on my truck.:thumbsup oh yeah its about 1300 for the set up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts