Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pull a 10k travel trailer with a equalizer hitch and I am getting some bucking while towing. I know the stock shocks are crap, but will better shocks stop the bucking? The trailer has a hitch weight of about 800 lbs. which dosent seem to drop the truck much at all after I transfer the weight back with the tow bars.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have bilstein 5100's in the back of my truck and virtually eliminated bucking over washboard/rough roads. and never had a bucking problem with my trailer

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I just pulled my TT from Redding to Beatty and back. I think the road surface has more to do with the ride than shocks. However, if you change shocks and feel an improvement, please let me know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Firestone "Ride-Rite" spring helper air bags

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put 5100's on my 06 and really improved the ride pulling the 5er. I have air bags on the C&C and has helped alot as well.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I thought I had read somewhere Bilstein 5100 shocks are for lifted trucks. Do you guys with Bilstein 5100 shocks have lifted trucks it doesn't look like it?

·
08 Cummins
2,311 Posts
I thought I had read somewhere Bilstein 5100 shocks are for lifted trucks. Do you guys with Bilstein 5100 shocks have lifted trucks it doesn't look like it?
They make the 5100 shock for trucks with little to no lift as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Firestone "Ride-Rite" spring helper air bags
I had them on my 2001 1500, they helped A LOT!

I took them off of my truck before I traded it in, I don't think I'll ever need them on my 3500 though.

I had the in cab dual air control system with onboard compressor and air tank. It was a very nice setup.

Off to Ebay soon. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the 5100's. They are for level'd trucks. They work fine in the back, but the front has to be raised!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts