Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ran a lift shackle on the rear of there 03 and up 2500, how did it ride?:confused013:

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
theres a gut on here that has a lift shackle. the only thing i dont like about it is, it moves the axle forward abit. its to noticeable for me.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
id only do it for anadjustment to the system,. maybe 1-1.5" otherwise you will shove the rearend forward

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
don thuren made me a set for my truck...
he just extended a stock setup and i've had no problems with them

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya im not looking at going big, just enough to adjust my sage, the 4" add-a-leafs are more like 3" when said and done, kinda made me mad but damage is done, lol

if i remember right the shackle has to be extended 2" for every 1" of lift you want right?

and that was another reason i wanted to post this on here to see if the axle moved that much, cuz then i would have to make new track bars for the rear.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey DUSTIN you really have 18" lift? if so could you post a pic?

·
Registered
38 Posts
does anyone even make lift shackle's for our trucks? I was thinking about them too.... where did you guys find them?
and, how could the shackle move the axel forward??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does anyone even make lift shackle's for our trucks? I was thinking about them too.... where did you guys find them?
and, how could the shackle move the axel forward??
because the shackle gets longer, and with a pivot of the front of leaf spring, yes it goes lower therefor lifting the truck, but it also comes forward alil. think of it as a compass with the front of the leaf springs being the neddle that you stick in the paper, when you move the compass it draws a radius, so when you add a longer shackle its like a portion of the radius. so every time you hit a bump, your axle radiuses towards the rear because your shackle pivots, kinda the same concept as the front of your truck with a long arm.

i have only found one set and it was on EBAY, but i do fabrication so i was going to make um, i just wanted to know if anyone had used them and actully how far it did move the axle.

·
That Truck Guy
6,375 Posts
because the shackle gets longer, and with a pivot of the front of leaf spring, yes it goes lower therefor lifting the truck, but it also comes forward alil. think of it as a compass with the front of the leaf springs being the neddle that you stick in the paper, when you move the compass it draws a radius, so when you add a longer shackle its like a portion of the radius. so every time you hit a bump, your axle radiuses towards the rear because your shackle pivots, kinda the same concept as the front of your truck with a long arm.

i have only found one set and it was on EBAY, but i do fabrication so i was going to make um, i just wanted to know if anyone had used them and actully how far it did move the axle.
These guys are in your backyard:

Dunks Performance

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SWEET!! thanks SKYD, i didnt know DUNKS carried them, there down in springfield where ive been working actully....bout an hour from home:thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
How about a belltech lowering shackle? They are longer with a few sets of holes for earlier trucks with inverted shackles. Just an idea that might work.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have the set that Thuren makes, they are stout and made my truck ride a little better. I honestly got them to level my truck out, it worked and I recomend them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
How about a belltech lowering shackle? They are longer with a few sets of holes for earlier trucks with inverted shackles. Just an idea that might work.
anybody know if these will work?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have the set that Thuren makes, they are stout and made my truck ride a little better. I honestly got them to level my truck out, it worked and I recomend them.

Killer truck. What do you have up front for suspension?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm running the 1" Dunks. I put em in to get the factory rake back after I installed my lift. I cant stand hauling anything more than a few hundred pounds and having the rear end dragging. Good product and they look much stronger than stock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts