Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a valair dd clutch and the hydraulic system and i replaced the rear seal where the drive line goes into the back of the transmission. After driving about 20 miles it started leaking real bad so i changed it again. About 50 miles it started leaking again but this time much worse. What is going wrong??? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
I just installed a valair dd clutch and the hydraulic system and i replaced the rear seal where the drive line goes into the back of the transmission. After driving about 20 miles it started leaking real bad so i changed it again. About 50 miles it started leaking again but this time much worse. What is going wrong??? :banghead:
You are most likely using the supplied installer tool. This will put the seal back into the wear groove of the previous seal. It will leak every time.

You have to go less or more deep than the factory installed depth.

The other possibility is that upon removal you used something that nicked the crank. It would have to be polished to eliminate this kind of leak.

Dave

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
make sure the lip is pointing inwards to the trans, i helped a guy who changed his rear main last weekend again this week end, his lip was pointing outwards letting the oil run out. he didnt use the tool correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts