Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My diff. is shot and needs to be replaced. I was wondering if I could upgrade to a newer disc brake rear and how much trouble would I be looking at? What years could I use? Aside from the gear ratio needing to be the same (i have a 4x4) will I need to change the brake master cylinder and proportioning valve? Are the spring perches and shock mounts in the same location? Can I swap yokes to use my original driveshaft?

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Not 100% sure but i would say spring perches would be the same and i don't think you would have to change the master cylinder. As as long as you get the same rear end you got now "like dana 70 or 80" I would think the yokes would be the same

·
Registered
861 Posts
i dont think you would have to change anything liek that. i have seen kits that are just bolt up kits. no modifications needed but i could be wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
rear end swap

if you use a 1999 up til 2000 it should be a simple bolt in.i do believe that the measurement is 56" and the newer dodges ar 62".i swapped mine from a 2500 series dodge and it was 6" longer(3" per side) and had to swap the drive shaft yoke over to the 2003 series since this is the rear i am using.1994-2000uses the dana 60 type rear and the 2003 and up uses the round companion flang NOT YOKE!as far as back brakes,use the disc brake parking cables and buy a adjustable proportioning valve from mopar performance(keeping it all chrysler)and install it between the frame and where the factory line on rear meet.no sweat!:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts