Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
Fumes, By what little detail You stated, you may be eligible for Lemon Law. It does vary by state. In CA and many states it is pretty black and white for the requirements. You should not need an attorney if it fits the requirements. (3 times for the same thing, 30 days in the shop, etc.). Talk to the Chrysler rep directly. You are entitled either to a new truck or cash, your choice, but often minus the good miles you have gotten, especially if you got a lot of miles
good luck.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had a differential do the same on a '89 Mazda back in '91 and Mazda replaced the entire axle with no problems for another 150k miles. This is my first Ram and I have little trust in most of the dealers in my area. My previous truck was a Ford and I was able to choose between great dealers local to me. I hope FCA steps up dealer vetting and education before I need something more than service. At this point, I will most likely not visit one of their dealers once the warranty is up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My rearend started howling at around 200,000km it was the carrier bearings had it in the dealer within 2 days took him 1 day to change them plus a 4 wheel drive service $1200 Canadian $$. He took me back in the garage and showed them to me on his bench I think the big heavy Lance camper has something to do with it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I believe at this point I'd just like to have a new truck. Every 3 to 6 months it's something else. Tired of messing with it. 2ecm, 1 tcu, 1 trans pump, 1 water pump, valve body, 3 time she rear end, several for really bad dead pedal and there's no fix. Rear end is still broke and ram says oh well.... so I'm done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are not the only one with the same symptoms. There are three of us on this forum with the same noise.
There are others on other forums also. I need to know what this is before it leaves me stranded with a 5th wheel connected 30 miles from nowhere. I can't believe Ram say your video and said they had no clue. Something in there is not right. For me it happens when I have been on the freeway for several miles and then only on startup from a stop and turning, even the slightest turn will set it off.
Let us know what happens please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are in CA, YOU don't pay any atty fees. Atty fees are negotiated by the atty,dealer, and manufacturer. You can get cashed out for your truck, dn payment, interest, total of all moneys invested. you get 100% of that back. Then you may also get up to an additional 100% of that money back, but the atty gets part of that (maybe 40%) plus atty fees from the manufacturer. No settlement=no fee. Attys love these things, especially if you have all the documentation. keep a record of EVERYTHING. There can be an adjustment for mileage, but it is calculated from the mileage that the vehicle had on it the FIRST time the problem was reported.

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
If you have a good Lemon Law case in CA or any state, you do not need an attorney. Selling Dodges I saw several trucks lemon lawed by both Chrysler and by Ford. Only a couple even had an attorney and most did not need one at all. Most real cases are pretty black and white to fit the rules. In the shop 30 days, three times for the same thing etc. The only one I saw that actually required an attorney was a guy that wanted to and did return a $136,000 Porsche because it "did not preform as advertised power wise". Some how He did it, maybe similar to the VW case.
If you can read the rules and write articulately there is no need for an attorney starting out. Be firm with the Chrysler service Rep. How the dollars calculate out is spelled out in the law well, at least here. YOU have the choice of a replacement truck or cash.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, looks like I got screwed again. The ram rep I been dealing with promised me an extended warranty along with a couple other things that I had to pay for and he would reimburse me. I paid out of pocked for these things and called him to let him know and ask why the dealer didn't know about my warranty when I took the truck in for service. I couldn't get him. 2 weeks have past and they've closed my case and denied my repairs I paid out of pocket and refused the warranty that I have in writing from ram. I'll never buy another Chrysler product as long as I live or my family. 4th 2500 diesel and I'm done...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts