Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fot those of you have had trouble with the wiring I have a couple of questions. I am sure I have a broken wire so, did you remove the door panel? Did you remove the centre post panel? How does one remove the boot as it seems at first glance that each end may be moulded, almost seems like it is hard plastic or rubber and doesn't want to pop out.
Thanks
Warren

·
Registered
520 Posts
I did not remove the door panel, I just removed the rubber boot and plastic feedthru connector. The boot can be pried up, just be gentle and use a trim stick or similar.

You can see the "ear" catches on the white plastic piece that need to be pushed down to remove the connector from the pillar sheetmetal.

This was what I found on my rear driver's side door:

Scott.

·
Registered
503 Posts
To repair, I pulled the door panel. The wires are in a short (too short) harness, which can be unplugged and removed from the door and the pillar. There is a replacement harness available but it will also break because it is too sort. Repairing the broken harness by splicing in new 6 to 8" longer wires is the best route.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
the first couple I did I pulled the door panel and the kick panel. The last one I did i just pulled the boot back and removed the whole wire loom section. Way easier

Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chances are you will have more than one broken wire when you get into it.

·
Diesel Filled Veins!
5,376 Posts
I re-did my rear door wiring a few times before I learned.
- Remove door panel: 10mm nut driver, large & medium phillips screwdrivers, pull panel UP to remove.
- Remove Speaker
- Disconnect wiring from B-pillar connector
- Pull wire bundle back into door and pull out through speaker hole.
- Splice in extensions to ALL wiring even the ones that aren't broken. And USE SOLDER AND SHRINK TUBING! Instructions below.
- Put Back together.

Proper Wire Splicing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts