Cummins Diesel Forum banner

rear differential questions..... aam 11.5 / brands

1021 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  ttm
Well I still have not got the carrier apart to see if there is any damage inside, there was metal flakes through out the gear lube though, left carrier bearing was pretty bad , I think that is where this all originated, I got the pinion out and you could see the signs on the inner race pitting too,

so thinking of the best way to be sure there is no problem if I can not get the carrier apart (will dig into trying it more tomorrow) but was told by didge you can not get parts for it, also told you can split them open by some gear place (forgot the name can find out tomorrow, does it take special tools?

But, im thinking if I need to replace it, what to buy?

what brands are best, what other options would compare at least as good as ours, I do know once I got it off on a angle one wheel up and it just spun, the wheel on the ground didn;t do a thing....... anyhow

just on this page there are three different options AAM 11.5" i'm sure i would want to go to a lsd clutch style, our factory aam 11.5 rear diff are are supposed to be very durable

so how would the Truetrac Posi 30 Spline shown there compare to our factory units?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I had the Tru trac installed in my truck 2 yrs ago and works great. I had an open diff before so I cant compare the factory LSD to the tru trac.
I had the Tru trac installed in my truck 2 yrs ago and works great. I had an open diff before so I cant compare the factory LSD to the tru trac.

that would be about he same as what is in mine, the true track or lock or whatever Dodge calls it it is the AAM unit but not a posi unit from my understanding
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.