Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so its getting hard to find a non-dually in this area for what i want to spend. how hard is it to swap in a non-dually rear axle? or can i just put a sigle wheel on each side?:popcorn:

if im going to swap to a single wheel axle, what are my options for a bolt in? what would be good to convert (newer axle) to?

(of course ill swap the bed also, or maybe put on a flatbed?)

·
Registered
365 Posts
the dually axle is different in that it is about a 1/4" longer on each side, longer hub.
so the only thing to be concerned about is that your hub will go further into the center metal cover on a single rear wheel.

so you can just put a single wheel on each side. seen it around here lots, not great looking but could be cool with a big enough rear wheel.

also seen about a 385 wide tire in the back witha 285 85 16 type thing going on it looked sweet.

·
1ST GEN
15,575 Posts
A 1st gen Dodge had 3 different axles used in them. The SRW is the narrowest axle of the three installed in out trucks. A dually rear axle housing is 6" wider on each side. C&C axles it 3" wider on each side.

The 2nd gen axles are the same on dually's the axle is wider than a SRW.

A flat bed would be your best option. Then use a wide tire and a rim with a lot of negative offset to cover the extra axle length.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yeah, i think i can get a 1st gen dodge bed in good shape CHEAP. its a non-dually bed, so i can just throw on a single rear tire and be sweet? anyone hanve picture of someone thats done this? put a single rear tire on a dually axle?

ive got some 8 lug military hwmvv tires on 16.5's. they are 36inch tires. would they fit and look decent?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts