Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2inch front leveling kit and its going on next week sometime. But i was also thinking about adding a leaf to the rear. they say it give 2 inches in the back so the truck should still hold a factory stance. Has anyone done this? If so do you have any pictures of it? It sounds like a good idea and should look pretty good. Im more then likely going to still run 33 inch tires. I was thinking about going to 35s but im tight on money and can get these add-a-leafs for next to nothing. Ok well i just wanted too see what yous had to say about it.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
ts the point of the leveling kit if your gonna do add a leafs and get the same stance you are defeating the purpose

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
ts the point of the leveling kit if your gonna do add a leafs and get the same stance you are defeating the purpose
poor mans lift... and it will ride like a chitbox too...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Maybe he put the kit on to make a cheap 1.5-3" lift kit. I wouldn't do the add-a-leafs unless your willing to deal with the added stiffness and rough ride. It may not seem like it could ride worse but it will.

·
I want to marry my truck
1,893 Posts
My truck rides like chit anyways, unless I'm towing something. Even my old one didn't feel any different with AAL's. At least run the full AAL instead of the short one, might be a little softer.

And I did the same thing once before. I still like a little rake with my vehicles, and the added clearance for 150 bucks total can't be beat. Especially when you are at the bottom of the pay grades making 250 a week with other bills.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2" add a leaf in the rear of my truck and absolutley hate it. My truck bucks really bad and rides very rough. I am looking into OUO's traction block system:thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I couldn't agree more! My truck rides horrible with the extra leafs in the back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put the leveling kit on my 97, and it made the front end higher than the rear end. I put in air bags to level the rear end and maintain ride control when loaded. Waaay better than AAL IMHO. The ride didn't get stiffened up real bad, so the ride was the same as without it, but I could keep the stance and ride quality even with the camper hooked up or a load in the bed. They weren't all that expensive. I added the in cab control later, which kept the cost down. Just my .02

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
onewhl750. if you dont mind me askin. what did you pay for that air bag system? the whole reason i wanted an add-a-leaf is because i do alot of towing and i heard that puting a leveling kit on the front will make the truck look like chit when your pulling something. and the chit i town aint light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts