Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2nd gen swap on my 2014. Every time I tow for a couple hours I get a check engine light for p0472 "exhaust pressure sensor low" code. Otherwise the truck sometimes has a lot more power than others, never any fuel pressure issues, I'm stuck. Because my 2nd gen style manifold doesn't have that sensor anymore.. anyone got any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
And your tuning.....allowed for that?
That’s where you have to go back to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And your tuning.....allowed for that?
That’s where you have to go back to.
Yeah idk it's a very reputable tuner whose well known on here.

It kinda sounds tuning related to me too but I'm sure he's sent this same tune to hundreds of other people, anyone with a 6 speed 2nd gen swapped 2013+ really, it's otherwise stock.

I haven't brought this up to him yet because I wasn't pulling my buggy over winter and the first time I thought it was just a fluke, but the other issues I had after my trans swap sounded tuning related too and I ended up just needing to borrow my buddies snap on scanner and recalibrating a couple modules, and reattaching a ground.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Short of plugging the sensor in and zip tie it out of the way somewhere for the time being. I think you are going to have to get a hold of the tuner to squash that code.

I recently went down the same rabbit hole when my turbo started sticking, and my eventual swap to non VGT. I was surprised by how many codes relating to the VGT my tuner had shut off even on tunes running the stock VGT.

Reactions: cwendel
1 - 4 of 4 Posts