Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stage II dpf delete. I had the resonator removed and a filler pipe put in place. Now I seem to get a really bad vibration on the DPF delete pipe. The engine is not vibrating more then normal. The exhaust shop added a few extra bungs to try and support the pipe, but did not stop the vibration. While at idle and when in gear on the brake its really bad. As soon as I come off idle is seems to smooth out and go away. The vibration is so bad that when you look at the flange from the down pipe to the dpf, you cant even seen the nuts on the bolts.

Hope this has explained this well enough, I will try and post a few pics tomorrow if needed.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and is there any solution to stopping the problem.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
It's not an uncommon problem. Try loosing up your clamps a little. That cured it for me..

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
No, the band clamps...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing and it has cracked my exhaust a few times, are you talking about the band clamp on the turbo?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
By adding a hanger right after the downpipe, mines cured.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Had the same problem, loosen all the clamps start from front to back and if that doesnt work add another hanger clamp.:agree2:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know this thread is a little old. But I wanted to give an update. I got under the truck while it was running and noticed that one of the rubber gromets was not pulled tight after added a few extra bungs. I took a pry bar and bent the hanger untill the gromet was tight. I have gone about 15k miles since and not vibration noise what so ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts