Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about your 3.5" kit for my 04.5 CR.
With the mods listed in my sig, what should I expect for real world benefits from installing this system? My truck pushes 500 hp with 40# of boost as it is, & I use it to haul the camper in my avatar in the mountains. Lower EGT's, & less smoke are what I'm after. I may eventually put some mild sticks, & a S475 compound turbo system on it when $$ permits.
I looked on your web site, but didn't see any test results, so forgive me if I missed them somewhere.
Thanks.

·
Pusher Intakes
222 Posts
First off and you probably knew this already, the CR trucks have by far the worst stock intake manifold any of the 5.9L trucks came with. With that said and considering the mods you have, any intake manifold should drop EGTs and increase over all performance nicely. We have a "Technical Specs" tab on each product page except the one for the CR Mega Intake System. Thank you very much for pointing that out, I'll have to fix that in the morning. We have a pretty good pool of Cummins trucks in the area which we test on regularly. We also get quite a bit of feed back on our intakes from other guys, so I would say with the mods you have and depending on the weight of your camper, you should easily see 100-200 degree drop in EGT's and .5-1 MPG gain. We are about to hit the dyno once we finish up a few more products, until then I can't really give you a good answer on power increase. Although I've heard back from a few customers with compounds who were extremely pleased with the difference our system made. Many of them said they didn't expect much but were very very surprised with the overall performance increase. Speaking of compounds, we're working on kits for all years of Cummins trucks, so check in with use when you're ready. Below is a picture of the 12v we just finished.

Have you read the "Why 3.5" Tubing" page on our website? It helps put things in perspective pretty well I think. Please let me know if you have more questions.
Jacob

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt reply. I did read the piece about why 3.5", & that is what got me looking into your system. I look forward to seeing the technical specs on this when you get it up, & I would also like to see any test data you have , especially on a truck with similar mods to my own. Adding that volume will slow spool up by a fraction, but I'm sure it will be negligible , especially if I get more turbo, & fuel in the future.

·
Pusher Intakes
222 Posts
Your spool time should be uneffected, you are increasing the volume of your intake plumbing but vastly improving its flow path. The increased volume is nothing compared to the volume of air your turbo can move. Have you ever let your truck run while parked with the intake manifold off and felt the air coming our of your boost tube? The amount of air coming out of it at just idle is very impressive.

Any way your motor will have to work less at moving air thus it will spin your turbos faster with the same amount of fuel. The specs I gave you are what I would expect for your truck. We have a few trucks in the area and tons of customers with similar mods, all have reported gains of atleast what I listed for you. The only real test data we have left to get is dyno numbers. That should be another 1-2 months before we do all the testing we have planned.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I sent you a PM on another matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts