Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking about getting a mega cab and dont want alot of miles on it so might have to get a 6.7. i was wondering what some of you are geting for mileage n them with and with out tunners thanks in advance

· Registered
2012 RAM 2500 SLT Regular Cab
468 Posts
Just a K&N Cold Air Intake on my rig with EGR plugged in, I am seeing 13.7 City and 17 hwy. The 4.10 Gear don't help much for highway though I would stay away from that unless you are planning on doing a lot of heavy hauling. Im happy with it for being stock. I love the clean tailpipe absolutely no smell from the exhaust. I wanted a mega really bad but ended up with the quad cab only for the price. Whatever U decide on...ENJOY:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
13 and 17 before deletes = Pussycat

16 and 20 after = Tiger

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
8-10 towing 15k 5er
10-12 city
14-15 hwy
All stock except for a cold air intake
EGR unplug did NOTHING for my truck. Your results may vary.
Smarty, DPF/EGR/Cooler delete, BOD intake to come, hopefully perk those number up.

· Registered
201 Posts
Just a K&N Cold Air Intake on my rig with EGR plugged in, I am seeing 13.7 City and 17 hwy. The 4.10 Gear don't help much for highway though I would stay away from that unless you are planning on doing a lot of heavy hauling. Im happy with it for being stock. I love the clean tailpipe absolutely no smell from the exhaust. I wanted a mega really bad but ended up with the quad cab only for the price. Whatever U decide on...ENJOY:thumbsup:
By buddy did cold air intake, egr blocked and straight pipe including dpf delete, said he did get 16-17 city after that, changed his gears to 3.73 since he doesn't tow and picked up 3mpg.....thats what he says, he's not a bull $hitter but I find that hard to believe!

· Registered
79 Posts
10-12 mpg towing about 5,000 lbs.

14-16 mpg mostly highway miles.

Best ever was 17.2 hand calculated (empty).

All better than my 04 Hemi that was traded for this truck.

Eddie

· Registered
238 Posts
after the cat, dpf and muffler fell off i got an average of 17-19.4 all highway on my way to ok hand calc during christmas. my lieometer shows an average of 15.8 right now all around town driving but i would have to say it is near 14. there was a noticable difference around town mileage with the dpf delete.

· Registered
60 Posts
all stock, 2009 quad 2500 4x4; 2412 total miles, hand calculated combined mileage at 17.0 and going higher this tankful. I drive with the EB open always and usually in tow/haul also.

· Registered
14 Posts
I drove 4200 miles through 10 states from MS to NV and back during Thanksgiving. I averaged 17.2 for the trip (hand calc'd). Lots of 75-80 on interstate and a good bit of low speed looking at the grand canyon, painted desert, etc.
Towing about 15k = 10-12
Avg mixed driving is 15.5-16.5. About 70% highway.
If i baby it with the cruise set on 60 I can get 19-20....About 12k on the odometer so far.

· 700hp Club
2,197 Posts
i don't remember what the truck was getting for the 4 hours that it was stock. :rof but i have about 105000km (62000m) on it now and on the hwy i get about 1100km (685miles) per 7/8 of a tank averaging 70mph, i drive lots of hwy for work. That is with the xrt on 60h and the meth shut off.

· Registered
17 3500 Laramie CCLB
7,706 Posts
Am thinking about getting a mega cab and dont want alot of miles on it so might have to get a 6.7. i was wondering what some of you are geting for mileage n them with and with out tunners thanks in advance
All in my sig.

· Registered
34 Posts
mpg

6.7 with k & k air filter. 10-12 in town. 12-17 hwy depends on speed. 39,000 no problems but only 8-10 pulling fifth wheel. I got these same mpg on a 1968 ford truck F250 camper special. i had it 12 years and wish I had kept it. buy a 5.9 if you are looking for mpg and pulling. these 6.7 lost their mileage when Oxygen sensors were replaced. I had a 1980 Dodge Colt hatchback that got 44 mpg on road and had a "factory required check" and it dropped to 20 mpg on road. oil companies were with auto companies in those days. sold it after 3 years.wish I had bought a gas burner. It will get the same mpg and save thousands on motor and fuel.

· Registered
17 3500 Laramie CCLB
7,706 Posts
6.7 with k & k air filter. 10-12 in town. 12-17 hwy depends on speed. 39,000 no problems but only 8-10 pulling fifth wheel. I got these same mpg on a 1968 ford truck F250 camper special. i had it 12 years and wish I had kept it. buy a 5.9 if you are looking for mpg and pulling. these 6.7 lost their mileage when Oxygen sensors were replaced. I had a 1980 Dodge Colt hatchback that got 44 mpg on road and had a "factory required check" and it dropped to 20 mpg on road. oil companies were with auto companies in those days. sold it after 3 years.wish I had bought a gas burner. It will get the same mpg and save thousands on motor and fuel.
Yea , I wish you would have kept it too....

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Yea , I wish you would have kept it too....
:agree2: If you don't want to do what it takes to wake up your 6.7's mpgs and stop the soot from ruining it then get rid of it. You can do a minimal delete for $200 and be able to return it to stock in a couple hours. No excuses:banghead:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.