Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here goes, last try to get an answer on this very confusing web site. I have a 2001 dodge 2500 turbo D. 90,000miles, new trans at 81,000. under the hood all stock but proper oil changes and filters etc. Whats happening is this, every day or after 1 hour shut off, I start truck and so help me it seems like its running on 3 cyls. The most I can do is 40 mph. No power at all, does not sound like its missing at all just no balls! Then litterally like throwing a switch, snap its back at full power. The bad running lasts about 5 mins. Hot or cold acts the same, almost like the turbo is stuck then click it starts spooling and down the road I go. Oil pressure is always good, same fuel sale stop always. Is this bad turbo or what?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Where in Nevada are you? I'm not the best, but maybe I could take a look. And also fill out your sig with your truck info so we know what you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I,m in henderson. Got a 2001 2500 turbo D all stock everything stock . Thanks

·
SuperDuperMod
2,813 Posts
have you checked to see if your gettin any codes yet? turn the key to the on position back off, back on, back off, third time leave the key in the on position and look in your odometer, should pop up some codes there if there are any stored,

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
hmm. well I cant come look at it. Have you had it since new? Hmm you got me, Maybe someone else who has had similar trouble may chime in, but its beyond me. Sorry.

·
SuperDuperMod
2,813 Posts
also, do you have a fuel pressure guage? Real important on your model truck to knoe fuel pressures, lift pumps have a bad habit of dying and taking out the vp44 injection pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts