Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to go anywhere in the country to take delivery...will be a loaded Laramie 3500HO. I was spoiled for many years by fleet pricing (on 4 trucks and 2 fancy Italian cars) that I thought was near rock bottom: my '14 was $61k but was sold to me at $51k plus TTL. Hard to swallow a smaller dollar discount on an $84k truck. I would appreciate any dealer suggestions. Thanks folks!

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,064 Posts
Posting your location would probably help. I would avoid Dave Smith, they might sound good here and there, but living near them, and having purchased a vehicle there, and witnessed others, they always try to find a way to screw you in the end. You'd probably get a better price if you look at a 19 NOS truck. I've heard good things about Dennis Dillion in Boise ID, and Roger's dodge in Lewiston. I've also had decent experiences at my local Lithia dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posting your location would probably help. I would avoid Dave Smith, they might sound good here and there, but living near them, and having purchased a vehicle there, and witnessed others, they always try to find a way to screw you in the end. You'd probably get a better price if you look at a 19 NOS truck. I've heard good things about Dennis Dillion in Boise ID, and Roger's dodge in Lewiston. I've also had decent experiences at my local Lithia dealer.
I appreciate that but as I said, I'll go anywhere in the lower 48. Texas fwiw......

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,064 Posts
The texas market is pretty bonkers, i don't think you'll find a better price outside of texas. It's so competitive that i imagine you should be able to find something in Texas

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
Try Classic Motors (Richfield, UT). I've always been treated very well there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like Loki223 said, stay away from Dave Smith. They will quote you a great price in the beginning then not honor it in the end - been there, got that. I was shopping 5 internet discounters and by far Dennis Dillon was upfront, easy to deal with, honest and best price. I'd recommend Dillon for sure!

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
Does Dillon still insist on you going there to sign the papers? That stopped me cold, as I wasn't about to drive a few thousand miles for something that can be handled via FedEx.

·
Registered
104 Posts
^^^^^ No, they do not.

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
That's a plus. But once my Dave Smith fiasco made me find a great little dealership, I'm sticking with that one, for the very most part.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I went with Hoblit Dodge in Woodland, CA, 2020 3500 cclb, ho, fully loaded $400 below ffp for a special order. They even beat fleet pricing from Sullivan Dodge.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with Hoblit Dodge in Woodland, CA, 2020 3500 cclb, ho, fully loaded $400 below ffp for a special order. They even beat fleet pricing from Sullivan Dodge.
Cali trucks the same these days?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And who did you deal with if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was shopping all over for a new Ram and I was able to find good prices here in Texas.

I bought my 2019 2500 Limited last month with a great discount at Nyle Maxwell in Austin.

I also bought my 2016 3500 at Benny Boyd Lampasas, TX.

Texas dealerships always has lots of trucks on its parking lot, so it was easy to negotiate a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am not seeing much in the way of deals from the texas dealers for current inventory unless your looking for lower trim lines or can find a suitable 19. Very few trucks have been delivered to the dealers this year so far, and the inventory selection is slim making dealers less inclined to deals. I've made serious offers twice lately and only got 3-4K off of about 75K ish trucks and then neither truck had all the bells and whistles I was looking for.

I am thinking to wait till end of june and if nothing new shows up on the car search sites just trying to order what I want, I think I have found a local dealer that will do that without too much BS

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got a great deal on my 2019 2500 Larmie from Moritz out of Ft Worth back in late Feb. I looked at Kernsville, but they didn't have the exact truck I wanted even though they were a two hour drive from where I live in NC. I have no loyalty to any dealer and have the advantage of being able to fly for free so I'll travel anywhere to get a great price. I flew out to Dallas from NC and drove it back with my daughter. I ended up getting mine a little under $14k off MSRP. Moritz was easy to deal with and very upfront with prices and not adding tons of extras on.

They even picked me up at the airport and made it easy to do the paperwork. I used the Ram web site to find a vehicle that had the options what I wanted and just searched areas I knew would have a lot of trucks like Dallas, Houston, etc. Another place I was seriously considering was in Larry H Miller Boise ID, which seems like they have a good prices.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So a couple weeks ago my sales guy said my order was accepted and the ship date was scheduled for today. So I called to confirm the status and he indicated that there was no update but there was a vin. Hopefully it won’t be too long as in weeks not months.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts