Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ready to do my auto to 5 speed swap this weekend and i would like some clarity on a couple subjects

1) The neutral safety wire (middle Black w/whitestrip) of the auto gets spliced into on side of Clutch Safety switch that is on the master cylinder and the other wire to a ground.
Now this way makes it so the clutch needs to be in to start and cruise control still works is this correct? i want my cruise control :thumbsup:

2) Cutting the hole in the floor, its a 4x4 so i got that shifter hole for me to start at.
What would be the best method got no air tools but have drills, sawzalls, 4in angle grinder, or other?

3) Fluid level. I bought some fast coolers that go in place of the PTO covers. Pure their installation instructions "fill transmission through factory fill, then add one extra quart through cooler fill plug".
Now should i just fill the 4500 till some fluid comes out the factory fill and leave it? I mean even just doing that with the coolers on its still getting more fluid but still at factory level. or go ahead and put that extra quart in or even just a half?

Im think that is all for now but i bet ill have more by this weekend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your clutch Assembly should have a switch on it that simply plugs into the green plug by your ebrake pedal in your truck. i cut the hole with a jig saw due to the lack if space and it worked great. i didn't have to mess with the transfer case shifted at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts