Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for it and I must suck at searching on here because I couldn't find the answer, I know its here.

But anyways, I have a 96 auto. I pulled the 4.10 gears out and went in with 3.54's. I also pulled the tires and wheels off and went back on with my Stock 07 wheels and tires, dont know the size coming and going though. What do I need to re-cal the speedo? some direction here would be great. is it eletronic or mechanical re-cal also?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
it will take a different plastic gear inside the transfer case. Simple swap. Not sure what you can do about the difference in tire size though :s

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
maybe this will help ya out...
http://www.f-body.org/gears/
but its essentially half mechanical half electronic, the plastic gear sits in the tailshaft housing of the transfer case if its 4x4, and the electronic sensor is what reads that thing spinning, but i believe there are 3 bolts that hold that sensor in place pull that off, oull out the gear and replace with the new one and reasemble:thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just get a different speedo gear. Cant do much of anything about tire size. I wish we could, cause my 315's are off about 5-8mph on the interstate. GPS verified

1 - 4 of 4 Posts