Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my truck I've had what sounds exactly like timing rattle, I had it in a few places, and pretty much everybody said go replace the injectors since the bodies have high mileage. Chaz on the forum here even thought it was too much timing in the smarty program I was running.

Last week my flex plate decided to exit stage left. In the process of replacing it, I found the trans mount to be separated, and a few other goodies that needed to be replaced, rear main etc.

Got the truck back and the "injector rattle" is gone, completely miraculous recovery. This leads me to think that the flex plate had been cracked for some time, and the noise I was hearing (at idle and at light throttle) were the cracks of the flex plate singing making a ticking noise.

I'm not saying this is the problem with everybody's truck, but if you are having a rattle/tick issue and you've exhausted all other options you may want to look there.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was most evident at idle and low throttle application. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,574 Posts
That and the TC bolts. First I had them back out, and now I've actually broken 2 of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.