Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i have it set at idle about 22-23psi, when i get on it good it will suck it down to about 13-10 is what i saw when i looked at the gauge. any idea why it would suck it so low? thanks

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iv had it for like 2.5 years, and never had an issue with it just recently after i put my new injectors in its done it.

· Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts
Too much restriction I only see 1-2 PSI fall from idle to WOT. So do you have any stock fuel lines left on the truck?

· Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just from my fuel filter can to my ip, but i pull my pressure reading from right on top of the can. its all half inch line to the can and to the tank, been seriously thinking about putting in a sump and a big line kit, but i doubt either ( i know big line wont help) will help

· Registered
4 Posts
Whens the last time you changed your filter? I was having the same problem with mine and changed the filter and no more drastic pressure drop. Its set at 20 idle and gets 18 wot.

· Registered
585 Posts
just from my fuel filter can to my ip, but i pull my pressure reading from right on top of the can. its all half inch line to the can and to the tank, been seriously thinking about putting in a sump and a big line kit, but i doubt either ( i know big line wont help) will help
there is part of the problem, the stock inlet line is 3/8 to the filter can, then goes to 5/16 from the can to the IP,,, change it out to 3/8, and as Mopar1973Man will tell you swap out the stock lines on the rest of the truck for 1/2 or 8AN. I have a raptor150, with all the stock filter housings and restricive lines remover, I see a 5-8psi drop everytime the pedal goes down.. This is why Im trying to switch over to a mechanical lift pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.