Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of how the install goes on a 04.5 and to early 07 5.9's? Maybe like write of how to do the fuel canister the best way. I am nervous to do the upgrade kit that Airdog supplied because I have never messed with a fuel canister before. I will have two mechanics with me during install just need a write up for my year of truck. And YES I have already searched all over the place here and found nothing with PICTURES. Lol I am hands on people just not by what I read, need visual! Thanks in advance. I am doing this Saturday afternoon so any help appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Whats your specific question about the canister, Its really easy to pull out, I think dropping the tank is the easiest way if u are doing it in a driveway but thats just me. I just loosened the band clamps enough to be able to reach the top of the tank to unhook the fuel lines and the electric sender then i dropped the tank the rest of the way, to get the canister outa the tank u just twist it, I had to use a screwdriver to hit it a little. When i did mine i replaced the canister with a jeep liberty one so i didnt have to deal with the draw straw stuff is that what u are doing?

I can take a picture of the old stock fuel canister if u want me to so u can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats your specific question about the canister, Its really easy to pull out, I think dropping the tank is the easiest way if u are doing it in a driveway but thats just me. I just loosened the band clamps enough to be able to reach the top of the tank to unhook the fuel lines and the electric sender then i dropped the tank the rest of the way, to get the canister outa the tank u just twist it, I had to use a screwdriver to hit it a little. When i did mine i replaced the canister with a jeep liberty one so i didnt have to deal with the draw straw stuff is that what u are doing?

I can take a picture of the old stock fuel canister if u want me to so u can see what it looks like.

You can just put a Jeep Liberty one in there and be totally fine? No 1/4 or 1/8 tank problems? The Raptor comes with a Draw straw upgrade kit for the stock canister. But you have to modify the stock canister to do it. And thats where I want more detail pictures as this is where I am most nervous. Also I have access to lifts so I will just pull the bed... Another question how much is the Jeep Liberty canister? Is it just the gas version or do they have a diesel version as well? Would the gas version work? Lol how about just tell me the details of yours...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Yeah thats exactly why i did the liberty canister bc i didnt want to modify the stock one with a draw straw, I have ran my tank all the way down before testing it and never have a had a problem. this is what i got Glacier Diesel Power - Product Detail

Reactions: SMOKINU497

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah thats exactly why i did the liberty canister bc i didnt want to modify the stock one with a draw straw, I have ran my tank all the way down before testing it and never have a had a problem. this is what i got Glacier Diesel Power - Product Detail
Heck yes! You are the MAN! Thanks dude! This makes me feel waaaaaay better!

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
if you are doing half inch lines with your raptor u need to buy the 1/2 in doorman connectors to mate those big lines to the canister

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry my computer had a glitch or something??? Posted like four times?

·
04.5 build up
734 Posts

I used these videos when i installed my airdogII

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
when u go to that link for the part, theres a dropdown box that says fitting option, and the 1/2 doorman connectors are there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts