Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
So my pump started leaking from the fuel pressure regulator,when I called airdog and explained my problem the tech support guy new right away and said no problem I'll send you all new o rings for it ...
I never asked how to rebuild it because I figured it would come with some sort of instructions !!lol
So if anyone has put there o ring service kit into there pump and has some pointed it be great !!
Thank you in advance guys

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
You probably won't be able to get it apart without stripping or breaking the screws off.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which screws ,he told me all I had to do was take out the pressure adjustment plunger and replace those to o ring and put back in and then take off the four Allen head bolts and take out and clean star wheels and replace with new oring...I'm looking to see if anyone has pics of either of these things

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
You toss a wrench on the lock nut for the pressure regulator. Loosen that, then remove the adjuster with a screw driver. You will see the seals when you get it out.

Provided the allen head bolts don't break or strip for the georotor cover, you may or may not be able to replace that o-ring. If it's not leaking I wouldn't touch it.

Reactions: Longisland24v

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't paying attention. You toss a wrench on the lock nut for the pressure regulator. Loosen that, then remove the adjuster with a screw driver. You will see the seals when you get it out.
Ah sweet I just wanted to make sure that I shouldn't be looking for anything falling out or anything stupid like that ! Lol
Btw I just ordered a bunch of fitting from my local speed shop to duplicate your CCB! great work on that man

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would the....? ?
I'm not sure but looking at it there all in good shape and never touched so I imagine I would be good ,I wanna do them so I can clean it out.lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey do you know when I pull that needle out is it gonna leak like crazy

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Rescue Tower
10,811 Posts
Sweet well this should be fun lol I might just punch the 1/2 feed line so it only leaks a little
I always pinch off the line from the tank. I don't worry about the line to the engine. Why? engine side is closed off, so it won't want to drain much at all. Tank side is vented, and since your fuel line is lower than the fuel tank it will siphon all the fuel out of the tank if you let it.

Ah sweet I just wanted to make sure that I shouldn't be looking for anything falling out or anything stupid like that ! Lol
Btw I just ordered a bunch of fitting from my local speed shop to duplicate your CCB! great work on that man
Assuming you meant CCV. If so check my last update. I didn't like my results and capped off my vent until I come up with another strategy. I don't recommend going down my path until an acceptable outcome is reached. It was easy for me to work on because I had the transmission, adapter plate, and starter removed. It is a major PITA to work on with everything installed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always pinch off the line from the tank. I don't worry about the line to the engine. Why? engine side is closed off, so it won't want to drain much at all. Tank side is vented, and since your fuel line is lower than the fuel tank it will siphon all the fuel out of the tank if you let it.

Assuming you meant CCV. If so check my last update. I didn't like my results and capped off my vent until I come up with another strategy. I don't recommend going down my path until an acceptable outcome is reached. It was easy for me to work on because I had the transmission, adapter plate, and starter removed. It is a major PITA to work on with everything installed.
Well I used the general idea mines a little differen I'll post pics this weekend when I wrap it up lok

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Yeah if you have rubber lines pinch them or at least from the tank.
1. Lossen and remove small 9/16" jam nut
2. Loosen bigger nut against the body of the raptor and unscrew
3. Unscrew the adjusent valve with a screw driver
4. When it does come out there will be a spring loose on the end or might stay in the body of the raptor remove it and re install on adjustment screw before install.
5. Grease up the orings with some Vaseline before re installation.
6. When installing slight inward pressure with a little left to right rotation.
7. When its in and main nut is tight, start truck and adjust from min to max pressure a few times at idle
8. Then set your pressure and install jam nut. And be done.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah if you have rubber lines pinch them or at least from the tank.
1. Lossen and remove small 9/16" jam nut
2. Loosen bigger nut against the body of the raptor
3. Unscrew the adjusent valve with a screw driver
4. When it does come out there will be a spring loose on the end or might stay in the body of the raptor remove it and re install on adjustment screw before install.
5. Grease up the orings with some Vaseline before re installation.
6. When installing slight inward pressure with a little left to right rotation.
7. When its in and main nut is tight, start truck and adjust from min to max pressure a few times at idle
8. Then set your pressure and install jam nut. And be done.

Okay so step number two the nut stays on but just gets loosend and when I put the adjustment screw back in I kinda just wiggle it back into place ? Like in other word it will pull out and just slide back in?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Sorry its been awhile since I removed mine. I believe loosen and remove inner big nut as its threaded into raptor body and you can't remove pressure adjustment without removing that nut

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.