Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is ridiculous:CRY: Out here people are stealing diesel and gas like crazy!!! And the worst part is there is nothing anyone can do other than get locking caps which slow them down for about a second!!!! I have locks on both my main and aux tanks, but like I said slows them for about a second. I got 50gal stolen from me about a week ago(popped the cap off) and last night they jumped the wall at the shop and got 15 cars, 3 with locks!!!! This stinks, people just have no respect for other peoples stuff. Just alittle rant but also alittle heads up for you other guys, im sure its only a matter of time before they are doing it in your town or city...

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
id sit and wait for em next time. put some diesel in cans by the fence and wait for em to come.

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
This is ridiculous:CRY: Out here people are stealing diesel and gas like crazy!!! And the worst part is there is nothing anyone can do other than get locking caps which slow them down for about a second!!!! I have locks on both my main and aux tanks, but like I said slows them for about a second. I got 50gal stolen from me about a week ago(popped the cap off) and last night they jumped the wall at the shop and got 15 cars, 3 with locks!!!! This stinks, people just have no respect for other peoples stuff. Just alittle rant but also alittle heads up for you other guys, im sure its only a matter of time before they are doing it in your town or city...
sounds like your shop needs some Rottweilers!

·
Registered
581 Posts
yeah...i think i would wait 4 them and then when i catch them...hmmm !!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its funny you said that willis08, cause we are looking into guard dogs now!!! Every once in awhile they will steal stereos but those are cheap compared to filling a dozen cars!!!!

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
Its funny you said that willis08, cause we are looking into guard dogs now!!! Every once in awhile they will steal stereos but those are cheap compared to filling a dozen cars!!!!
Bullmastiffs are also good guard dogs although Rotts would be cheaper. might even just go with some BEWARE of DOGS signs but, I'd rather see the thieves suffer some dog bites. Would make me feel better since they have no respect for us.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What about setting up a bait truck with contaminated fuel. Maybe fuel that already has sugar in it. :)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
near my house they created a enclosed trialer that they pull up and park on top of the underground tanks..then the person inside opens up the floor, opens the undergorund tank, and uses a high power pump and pump 1000 plus gallons into a holding tank in the trailer

and speaking of havinnge no respect, my truck has a litle over 2000 in body damge due to vandalism

·
Registered
30 Posts
didn't they bust that on mythbusters??
I know the filling. I run a trucking company and in our terminal in Springfield,Mo. we have a client that drops off a trailer of freight for us to deliver twice a week and we noticed one of our trucks about a month ago was missing fuel and we could figure out where. I finally snuck up there on a weekend and had cameras put in and staged a truck and low and behold this driver that was contracted to our client pulled up and sivended out 100 gallons emptied his trash hooked onto an empty trailer and went back to St. Louis. He has been making this run for a year. No telling how long he has been stealing. We have the video called the police and it has been over a week and the police have done nothing.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
near my house they created a enclosed trialer that they pull up and park on top of the underground tanks..then the person inside opens up the floor, opens the undergorund tank, and uses a high power pump and pump 1000 plus gallons into a holding tank in the trailer
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable :thud:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts