Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden, i walk out side the other day, my truck was sitting for about 30 min, and i go to start it and it cranks for about 2-3 seconds before it starts. it also did it once today, its never taken any longer than a revolution to start before, and so far its never done it cold, only after driving.

both times it was 95 degrees outside, first time since i got the truck its been this hot out.

i also noticed that occasinally today my fuel pressure has dropped a few psi, sitting at 15/16 idle instead of 18/19

please help, i hope my vp isnt going :CRY:

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,366 Posts
I have had the exact same problem. I have had my truck 2 years and it has happened 2 times within a week. Hasnt done it in about a week though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[

i also noticed that occasinally today my fuel pressure has dropped a few psi, sitting at 15/16 idle instead of 18/19

CRY:[/QUOTE]

Check your fuel filter. Mine never gets above 15/16 at idle because of the bypass valve at the VP44, and another bypass on the FASS. Now, after some extensive work on the fuel delivery system, my pressure doesn't drop below 13 @ WOT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts