Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 mega cab with the 5.9. I'm 95% sure that the lift is a 6" Rancho. I purchased the truck with the lift already on it, that is why I'm not 100% (the shocks are Rancho). The problem that I'm having is the front of the truck bottoms out on the bump stops or what is left of them (on 12K), and it does not take much to make them hit, and it about to drive me nuts plus It's embarrassing when some is with me. I have a truck that looks like it can go anywhere but over a speed bump or bump in the street.Does anyone have any suggestions besides getting a different brand?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
How much up travel do you have on those shocks? In other words, when the truck is at rest, how much of the shaft is showing above the cylinder? It almost sounds like the shocks were meant for a taller lift. So, the travel of the shock is reduced.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great point! It has the boot on it so I can't tell by eye, but the Rancho guy did call me back and he thinks that the wrong springs are on it. He said that some times people order the wrong spring, because they do not see that one is for the Diesel, and one is for the Gas motor which is much lighter. Thank God that the part number is still on the paper tag this way we will know for sure.

If that is not the case then I will measure the shock, and see what that is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts