Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I've searched high and low...Thinking I'd seen it on here before, but I don't. I bought a set of Rancho 9000's for the front of my truck, and got the wrong part number. They must be for a truck that's lifted because they're too tall. I ordered part #RS999317. Any ideas?
Thanks
Ct..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wrong Shock

I have a 2013 3500 4wd and according to the Rancho website there are no RS9000's available for our model yet. Only the 7000's and only for the rear.

So I don't know where you found that part number........

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the page: Rancho Suspension: Upgrade Your Shocks
You'll find the following mixed in the listings. If you scroll down to the bottom, you get this:
RS999056 RS9000XL Shock Rear Diesel Eng. w/o Dual Rear Wheels; w/ Rancho RS6585B System

RS999317 RS9000XL Shock Front Diesel Eng. w/o Dual Rear Wheels; w/ Rancho RS6585B System

Searching on Amazon for our truck came up with the same part numbers. What I didn't see was this: Notes: w/o Dual Rear Wheels; w/ 2 1/2" Rear Raised Height; w/ Rancho RS6585B System for the rear, and:
w/o Dual Rear Wheels; w/ 4" Front Raised Height; w/ Rancho RS6585B System for the front.

So I did a bit more searching on their site last night and came up with this in the new products section: Rancho Suspension: Suspension » 2014 Ram 2500/3500 4WD Diesel Suspension Systems, Lift Kits, Leveling Systems & Shocks. That only lists part numbers for the front with the 4in lift, not for stock trucks.

I called them this morning and the tech was very helpful, and gave me 2 more, different part numbers - RS999221 for the front and RS999274 for the rear. I sent all of this data to Rancho's tech support and asked for their help in deciphering it. I will let you know what I find out.
Ct..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.