Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was leaving school and going to class and my truck died about 100 feet from the parking lot and i thought i ran out of fuel and i went and bought 4 gallons of diesel and put it in and bled the 3rd or 4th injection line and finally got it running. Do you think I hurt anything I just put on an Air Dog 150 and a brand new Vp. Thanks

·
Registered
643 Posts
I highly doubt you damaged anything, maybe change the fuel filter. It may have picked up some sludge from the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when my mechanic put the Air Dog on he said dont run it below a quarter of a tank because the draw tube doesnt run that far down but the truck died going down a steep hill and i was on my way to go get more fuel. It was sitting right at about a quarter of a tank.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I guess now you know:)

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
Yup, I almost done that on mine, only it was going uphill. I put my draw tube too far forward, he might have put yours in the rear...I doubt you will have any problems.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
That's gay... what's the use in carrying around that extra 1/4 tank of diesel if the tube doesn't go all the way to the bottom?? There's no way that would go unfixed on my pickup

·
Registered
264 Posts
yah i had those problems and i got mad so i sent it back for a 100. if you dont plan on going about 600 Horse power than send it back in for a ad100 and you can use the bottom quarter. and it uses the stock draw tubes and sucks it from the basket

·
Registered
337 Posts
yah i had those problems and i got mad so i sent it back for a 100. if you dont plan on going about 600 Horse power than send it back in for a ad100 and you can use the bottom quarter. and it uses the stock draw tubes and sucks it from the basket
Why not just modify if to make suck from the basket IMO:thumbsup

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine still has the stock draw tubes and if a park on a hill with an eighth of a tank, It will run dry. I have had to crack the lines twice. Now I just don't let it go below a quarter of a tank. I don't think you would have hurt anything, just wouldn't make it a common practice.

·
Registered
267 Posts
do you think you could put a y on the pickup line running one to the draw straw and the other to the stock pickup. Maybe even putting in a valve to open the stock only when you need it. I just insalled my draw straw and ran the tank down to an 1/8th. It only loses the fuel on some sharp turns, but it did that before I put in the draw straw. What do yall think about that though?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts