Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right, you read it correctly. I loaded the stocky program and it actually did pretty good! Hauling a bed full of dirt around today and I decided to load the stocky tune to see how she did. Let me tell you.... Low EGT's! Good fuel pressure levels! Almost no smoke! Low tranny temps! Decent fuel mileage! Quieter exhaust even, believe it or not! And, I was able to run the engine through the RPM range to give her a good workout without worrying about blowing up the transmission. All in all, Stocky is not bad.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Ive rarely set mine back to stock. The few times I have, I noticed the trans didnt feel right. Not sure how to explain it, but it felt loose and shifted odd. Seemed to like the 500+ horses going into it better than 325 or so...

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine your HTS trans would like 500 hp more than a stocker!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wish I had enuf to upgrade my clutch. :(

·
Never Enough TQ
864 Posts
haha yeah stock isnt that bad once n a while.. i took my truck to get an alignement once and left the tune on. When i went to pick up my truck the guys told me they just about wrapped it around a pole on the test drive because "it was too powerful" lol so now i always put it back to stock when taking it in.
Sometimes its nice tho, goin back to care-free driving!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I drive mine on stock or sw 1 most of the time. Its not a lively but gets me where I need to go. If I turn it up more than that I can puke out alot of smoke before trubo lights. I seem to get alot better fuel milage when on stock tunes also since I don't control my foot all that well when its up.

·
Robert Ivey
2,168 Posts
IIRC there was a truck in diesel power a while back that dyno'd 575 rwhp on the stock tune...pretty impressive if you ask me...it had injectors,turbos,and all that good stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts