Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Well, the fact that it’s going to be >115 degrees today slows me down just a little too!!
Nothing personal, but better you than me. I would be a pile of smoking ashes if it got that hot.
At 80 I'm already losing a lot of efficiency. If the thermometer got stuck at 60, I'd be a happy camper.

2,648 Posts
Lol.. back in 2004 Ram made some really excellent seats!

Reactions: Cummins0867

·
Registered
388 Posts
Most comfortable bucket seat I have had were in my '09 Silverado LTZ leather trim. Very comfortable. Like sitting in my recliner comfortable. The bucket in '17 Laramie leather is a pretty close second.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Seat comfort lies in the butt of the beholder. I couldn’t drive to the 7/11 in my 04.5 without my sciatica hurting and my leg going numb. In fact Ford was very thankful in 2004, unfortunately buyers quickly found out they bought the wrong engine. I chose wisely.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm glad you informed us how bad our seats are. :rolleyes:
These seats are the bomb!I
Compared to the seats in my '97 Dodge 1500 4x4 driven almost 300k miles they are so soft on my back and tushie.:sneaky:
And before that the seats of my '85 Suburban which I thought at the time those seats were great.
And my 98 Ford F250 and before that my '74 Chevy K10 Cheyenne.
If I live long enough to need a new truck after this one, I'll just be riding on clouds. 😜
Each succeeding truck has been an upgrade in comfort.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
That would require me to not be so lazy!!! Well, the fact that it’s going to be >115 degrees today slows me down just a little too!!

AZJohnnyO
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We are a bit toasty this summer in AZ. ;)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: azjohnnyo

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
That would require me to not be so lazy!!! Well, the fact that it’s going to be >115 degrees today slows me down just a little too!!

AZJohnnyO
I'm 6'4"
We are a bit toasty this summer in AZ. ;)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
A little monsoon action now? We're getting some in San Diego. It's been a very mild summer here especially five miles from the ocean. 121* in Ocotillo Wells today. I might take my wife to the desert soon just to experience the extreme heat. That'll last about 5 minutes and we'll head up to Julian.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm 6'3" 260. I've owned a Laramie also and that leather wasn't any better.
Also 6'3, and have no complaints about my seats... even after driving 12-18 hours back to back.

Leather just simply SUCKS. It's hot in the Summer and cold in the Winter and I don't like my shirt sticking to the back of the seat.
From -20 Montana winters to 110+ W Texas summers... wouldn't trade it for anything else.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Cloth seats were nice when they were the thick velour type material. I had that on my '03 Ram. Then they quit using it and the seats are all that cheap thin nylon material. That is junk in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I drove 12 hours graveling on a legacy leather seat. $1000 for it.

Hoped out and got into my 16’ ram and the seats felt so nice.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I'm 6'4"

A little monsoon action now? We're getting some in San Diego.
So far the Monsoon has been pretty non-existent. We’ve had a couple mild storms. Supposed to kick back up late next week!

AZJohnnyO

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
US ARMY Retired
848 Posts
@micromike I hear you...I have sciatica (thanks to the US Army) and my right calf from the knee down is numb all the time like its swollen/pressure on the inside. Overall my 2019 Laramie seats aren't bad....I don't think it matters what the seat is like too much for me after a couple hundred miles my back gets jacked up from sitting too long and I want to get out as soon as I can. Whoever mentioned about the BMI from the '90's....I was 6' 2" and 185lbs back then....now I'm 6'1" and 240lbs. The losing 1" thanks to the US Army again...the weight thing is on me...I had a couple too many snacks and not enough exercise!

I think these truck seats are much better than what they use to be but there probably could be more leg room...the seat just doesn't go back far enough.. My most comfortable was in a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited....of course that was pre-sciatica.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I also have some back problems (Army) and driving for too long can be painful.

The seats on my 2019 2500 aren’t too bad. Now the seats on my Camry (my daily driver) are horrible.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I also have back problems and I can't ride/drive in a car. Sitting in a truck or SUV is as close as it gets to sitting upright in a chair. That position is what is the easiest on my back. My knees have to be at 90deg angle. Sitting low and having my legs stretched out is torture.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I’m a tall guy too. When I bought my 2012 Ram 2500 new, I remember thinking how the seat felt like it was cutting into my leg/left butt cheek. I ended up buying a cheap cushion from autozone and putting it between the factory seat cushion and springs. It helped a ton. My 2016 was ok, but I thought they should’ve been more comfortable for Laramie seats.

Now the seats in my F250... they are super comfy! I have to move the seat forward to drive this truck. I have never been able to say that in any truck I’ve ever owned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Love the seats in my 2016 Ram...no complaints here. Beats my 98 Ram and 82 GMC I use to have, any day!

Reactions: Gr8bawana
21 - 40 of 41 Posts