·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth to spend some cash on a ram air or no and what more will it give

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
a hood or a scoop that directs air to your filter?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but banks sell this ram air its a bolt on to the motor

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
make your own, banks is a joke

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
i made my own, from down at bumper level, up to the filter box. it dropped my iat about 20* from when i was pulling air from under the hood

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
im gonna make my own one of these days and also gonna make a box and put a huge reusable filter in there and also plumb a hose going into the cowling, I just need to do some studying and look at pictures of peoples setups

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
What did yall make them out of? just some tubing or what?

·
Registered
324 Posts
once i relocate the batts to the bed i am gonna run a 4" tube with filter to where the batt sat, build a box around it then a tube that runs to the grille for direct airflow.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
is it worth to spend some cash on a ram air or no and what more will it give
my truck is an st model (no fog light) i just put a 6" flexible aluminium pipe,(use for rangehood ventilation) i sqeeze it between the bumper grill(fog)and the air box, and just drill a hole in a air box, now i have a KN-fipk, fresh air on filter for less than 10$

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
i made my own, from down at bumper level, up to the filter box. it dropped my iat about 20* from when i was pulling air from under the hood
Hey... where are the pics! :lol4:

·
Registered
575 Posts
snackpack said:
Shainer said:
Hey... where are the pics!
:popcorn:

- djb

·
Registered
100 Posts
intake manifold gave me a quicker response, spooled a bit faster. I like mine(CFM+).

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i thought they had negative effects on our trucks?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Negative? negative

i thought they had negative effects on our trucks?

I installed the CFM+ intake manifold on my truck, no negative effect. No huge difference, either. just a slight drop in EGTS, a little more throttle response, and a bit quicker spool up. Not much difference, but definately noticable. I got a screaming deal on mine, or probably would not have done it. seeing the results it produced, I'd say it was still worthwhile. There was a thread out last month that covered the subject pretty well. It seems a lot of guys were pretty happy with their homemade ones.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
huh...well maybe i was wrong. I just thought they took away on the top end.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
am I loosing it or what, I found a place that had pictures of where they plumbed a pipe into the cowling and now I can't find it, somebody please help me

·
Registered
545 Posts
banks doesnt make a ram air setup for out trucks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts