Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to promote a little discussion about our products and throw some truck pics your way. This is the last Ram we rolled out of our facility, a 2012 2500 Laramie Limited with our 8-10" Lift Kit. If you have any questions about our lift kits, stock height, or medium duty applications feel free to ask away!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could you give us an idea of how much better the ride would be using your 4-link rear along with front airbags compared to stock? I know it is hard to quantify differences in ride comfort, etc., but I have read posts in the past that said the four-link kits don't ride that much better than stock.

I realize that this is a pretty general question, but in my case I am looking at upgrading a 2001 quad cab long bed 4wd. It is stock height now and I would like it to stay that way if possible.

Would the four- link kit negate the need for traction bars by eliminating axle wrap and wheel hop?

What is the general price range for front airbags and the four-link rear?

Thanks in advance for reading my questions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A full front and rear air suspension is definitely a night and day difference. When you hit any sort of large bump as the truck comes back down from the impact it's very much 'cushioned' and that is certainly improved over stock coils and leaves. You're right about ride comfort being very subjective, but the 4-link does improve the ride. With the trailing arms in the kit they do eliminate wheel hop and axle wrap. For people that don't do a lot of towing the 4-link is usually overkill. It's more of the do everything type of system that can improve the ride and haul a house if you wanted to. If you are to the point where you would add a 4-link to a truck it's worth it to add a front kit just because it complements the rear so well.

A 4-Link Rear kit in most cases is $3395 w/o controls and the 2-Stage Front that removes the coils is $1395, but available as a leveling kit for +$100. Air controls can vary depending on what you use it for. I'm more than happy to work up deals for the forums if people are interested. What do you use the truck for mostly? If you do serious towing and want to help that out, the 4-link is the best option, but if you're strictly after a better ride....go with the 2-Stage Rear and you'll have about a 50% improvement in ride quality.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I ordered the R4tech system in Feb for my 07 Mega cab. The kit was supposed to give 5" of lift. I currently run a 10" custom front lift with a 5" spacer in the back. The truck has about 1" negative rake to it right now. I'll be lowering the front 1" so it rides level.
These idioits at Firestone took 3 months to get my suspension together. I paid them $2,000 for the kit 3 months ago, and finally opened the boxes today....
They sent me a kit for an F250 with no lift!!!!
This is what I waited 3 months for!!!! I never got mad the whole time about the delay, but now I get this crap. I don't know how much hassle it'll be to get my money back, but this is total bull! I've seen you kit many times at SEMA and it looks awesome!
How much would I be looking at for a 4link rear with self level, that will increase the avereage rear ride height by 6".
Thanks!
Markus

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered the R4tech system in Feb for my 07 Mega cab. The kit was supposed to give 5" of lift. I currently run a 10" custom front lift with a 5" spacer in the back. The truck has about 1" negative rake to it right now. I'll be lowering the front 1" so it rides level.
These idioits at Firestone took 3 months to get my suspension together. I paid them $2,000 for the kit 3 months ago, and finally opened the boxes today....
They sent me a kit for an F250 with no lift!!!!
This is what I waited 3 months for!!!! I never got mad the whole time about the delay, but now I get this crap. I don't know how much hassle it'll be to get my money back, but this is total bull! I've seen you kit many times at SEMA and it looks awesome!
How much would I be looking at for a 4link rear with self level, that will increase the avereage rear ride height by 6".
Thanks!
Markus
PM Sent, Markus.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey, my names Tyler i have an 05' 2500 quad cab short bed. Im looking into your 8"-10" air system but am falling short on info and prices for my truck. any help would be appreciated! thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, my names Tyler i have an 05' 2500 quad cab short bed. Im looking into your 8"-10" air system but am falling short on info and prices for my truck. any help would be appreciated! thank you
Tyler,

Get pricing and info by calling our toll-free number, 1.800.334.6150. Ask for myself or Mark.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We'll I am in the process of building a 1985 dodge crew cab 4x4. I am looking on occasion to to a gooseneck but mostly driving comfort. Let me know what u have in mind and cost?

Anthony

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We only go back to the 1989-1993 models on the Ram trucks, so sorry that I won't be able to help you out. That sounds like an awesome project though! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They have a guy on the board who is running your setup on his 85. 80 to 93 have the same frame
We haven't verified that on our own, so I can't guarantee that they will fit. If they do work/have the same setup front and rear we have a front and a rear kit for them designed to improve the ride. Have you looked on our site yet?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I just looked over the build and it was a 1993 dodge crew cab. Could you tell me a little about this kit this guy installed.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/89-93-non-powertrain/489911-1993-w350-crew-cab-ultimate-1st-gen-warning-lots-pics.html
I did some asking around and that is a custom kit. It seems we sent that guy a bunch of parts and he figured out what works. According to my guys here, there are various frame widths and heights, so there was never much time put into developing a G1 4-Link Rear Air Suspension. We can send you some parts, but it wouldn't be a complete, finished kit. Email me for more info, [email protected]

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Kasey, just picked up a 2014 CCSB 4x4 Laramie and was actually going to order the factory rear air suspension but cancelled the order after reading how it worked. It left much to be desired as far as customization goes. That said,I would like to level/lift the front +/- 3" as well as possibly switch out rear coils for an aftermarket air setup. Are you guys working on a kit for these? The swap seems like it would be fairly easy compared to leaf setups. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who is looking for it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kasey, just picked up a 2014 CCSB 4x4 Laramie and was actually going to order the factory rear air suspension but cancelled the order after reading how it worked. It left much to be desired as far as customization goes. That said,I would like to level/lift the front +/- 3" as well as possibly switch out rear coils for an aftermarket air setup. Are you guys working on a kit for these? The swap seems like it would be fairly easy compared to leaf setups. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who is looking for it.

Thanks in advance.
Yes we are. We have done front and rear stock height kits for these trucks already. Leveling kit up front as part of the air suspension is no problem. Send me over an email and we can talk about dealers/install.

[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts