You might want to fix Jeff's last name in your Signature.. lol

It's Garmon... Not Garmin.. lol
Good catch, Big. My oversight. ---> I know I'm a bad typist and proofreader

Reactions: Big Swole

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sorry for no updates lately but they've been WAY busy!!

Well 2 weeks to the day, Jeff has it back running...(For those that don't know, it suffered some engine damage - not at the hands of Jeff..Long story..Don't ask..lol )

Long story short, he pulled the 6.7 motor and since he had everything handy to build a good 5.9 he just did that for now..

He even pulled the damaged turbo apart and put it on the lathe and fixed it... Probably hurting the air delivery a bit but it runs!! He wanted it up for the wknd of May 3-5 NHRA when Cruz Pedregon comes to the shop...Plus he simply wanted to enjoy it a bit...

It has the single 71 on it for now but he build the motor like his old race motor so he may build some twins for it soon...Run them for a while and Then build the 6.7 12V when he has more time.. For now he says it feels like about 550-600 hp... He put smaller injectors in it due to the 5.9 not spooling the big single as well.

Anyway...He debadged it and drove it home... Here's a few pics he sent me...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Cruz Pedregon and Jeff at Garmons Diesel for the Snap On Scanner class looking over the new RAM 2000 before he gets his ride in it... (hard to impress a guy used to 10,000 HP though.. lol )

Cruz, Jeff, Amy, & I.... Showing Cruz the record run by Hypermax!! He was impressed...

·
3RD GEN MODERATOR
4,872 Posts
If I ever hit the lottery I'm buying that truck.

·
3RD GEN MODERATOR
4,872 Posts
If you could pm me on what he is thinking as far as price.

I'm in the market. *Wink* *wink*

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Jeff must have bumped his head!!
I guess he did. We were wondering when we would get an update on this build. I personally think it was a stellar idea to do this.

:thumbsup:

OK, Big Swole, how about some driving impressions from you on how this beast drives. You mentioned around 600 HP. Has Jeff had it on the rollers yet? What does it weigh and how does it drive and steer with the 12V up front? Any info would be appreciated.

:drool2:

Thanks for the update. :party018:

Reactions: Big Swole

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I guess he did. We were wondering when we would get an update on this build. I personally think it was a stellar idea to do this.

:thumbsup:

OK, Big Swole, how about some driving impressions from you on how this beast drives. You mentioned around 600 HP. Has Jeff had it on the rollers yet? What does it weigh and how does it drive and steer with the 12V up front? Any info would be appreciated.

:drool2:

Thanks for the update. :party018:

Man it drives awesome!! The single he has on it lights so quick.

We really don't know what it makes to be honest. He still has a plate in it.
But it is very quick off the line with just a bit of throttle. And very clean down low.

As for me driving it, I can honestly say I have still not made a wde open throttle run in it yet.. Did a few hwy roll ons but it's not mine and I'm truly trying to respect it!

Jeff is just so cool to let me play with it for a while. I'll be going to a few car shows and just hitting up a few places to spark up some interest.

Man!! This thing draws a crowd when folks that know diesels hear it and see it!!
I drove some folks crazy this weekend at the NHRA race in Charlotte.. lol

41 - 57 of 57 Posts