Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Predator has the option to raise the speed limiter all the way to 155. I want to bump it up to 120 but my question is how is this programmer acheiving this? Is it raising the rev limiter or what? I asked about what the risk are in running the rev limiter past it's stock settings on a overall stock motor such as mine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well my Predator has the option to raise the speed limiter all the way to 155. I want to bump it up to 120 but my question is how is this programmer acheiving this? Is it raising the rev limiter or what? I asked about what the risk are in running the rev limiter past it's stock settings on a overall stock motor such as mine.
I think its set at 108, I think there set for tire ratings not sure what the tires is rated for, my edge wont raise the limiter wish it would.

·
Premium Member
15,463 Posts
You have 2 limiters that are controlled by the ECU, rpm and speed. They are totally seperate and can be changed wihtout effecting each other.

In the case of the speed limiter it simply changes the value in the ECU that tells it when to cut fuel back.

Same thing with the rev limiter. Once the preset limit is reached fuel is cut back to maintain the at the value.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Just wanting to make sure if I did happen to change it and achieve a speed such as 120 that I over stress anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts