Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a box that gives you rail pressure but no timing
thanks wes:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
TS MP-8 is what you are looking for! Talk to John Barker with Holland Court Diesel he can hook you up!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
is there a box that gives you rail pressure but no timing
thanks wes:thumbsup
TS MP-8, Edge EZ for the 04.5-05, Power Puck, Dr. P predator, and quad has a pressure box but the name is escaping me...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Most advance the injection timing slightly by altering the boost pressure signal to the computer through the MAP sensor. Or so I've been told.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
TS MP-8, Edge EZ for the 04.5-05, Power Puck, Dr. P predator, and quad has a pressure box but the name is escaping me...
All Quad chips do timing. They can be modded for pressure only or with X2, a pressure only tune can be downloaded.

Most advance the injection timing slightly by altering the boost pressure signal to the computer through the MAP sensor. Or so I've been told.
MAP signal cannot affect timing...

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
All Quad chips do timing. They can be modded for pressure only or with X2, a pressure only tune can be downloaded.
Yeah that is what I was trying to say. For whatever reason quad box names confuse me.:coocoo

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks iv been talkin to jbarker about a mp-8

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i had them all but the PowerPuck. Had 3 MP8's with problems. The EZ was the only one i found to be pleasing on a rail gauge and was stone reliable. The Quad XZT pressure only is good, but not adjustable. Dr P was good bit of pressure on the top end. The MP8 pressure ramp was pretty aggressive.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was also kinda wondering about the edge ez

·
Registered
485 Posts

MAP signal cannot affect timing...
On the the thoroughbreddiesel site under MP-8 FAQ's it reads "since the map sensor thinks it is at different boost level it will add injection timing accordingly".

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
On the the thoroughbreddiesel site under MP-8 FAQ's it reads "since the map sensor thinks it is at different boost level it will add injection timing accordingly".
I think that is referring in a very confusing manner to the boost fooling of the MP8, the boost fooler makes the engine think it is as a higher(or lower, I honestly forget which one:thud:) boost level then it really is causing the motor to fuel harder down low. I have stacked my edge juice with my ramifier and I have heard no timing knock so I am fairly sure it does not advance timing.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
When you add rail pressure it increases timming slightly, so any rail psi box increases timming just not enough that it should be a problem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what is a safe rail pressure with stock injectors. dont have a gauge yet but will be getting one with or before the box

·
Registered
141 Posts
i got a quadzilla w/ no timing has 3 settings 60/90/140 they make it for stacking purposes the part # is DXZCR2R-S its for sale on ebay

1 - 20 of 24 Posts