Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Smarty SR and Optix rail press.,boost, and pyro guages. I want to start experimenting with the different levels and determine if Im getting enough pressure to the rail. What kind of #s should I be seeing at WOT and at what low pressure should I start to worry? I plan on a new lift pump and CP3 mod but I just want to see if I should be looking for a pressure box. And what is the best box to stack with Smarty. Thanks for any info and advice:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
with a pressure box, I see about 7.5k at idle, 18-20k cruising at 70 and like 22-23k at wot...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'll compare those #s and see what I have:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Once it dips below 23k/WOT, power is being lost.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering that myself. If I remember right I was at 7-8 at idle, 17-19 at 2000rpm, and havent done a WOT reading yet. Im just trying to get my ducks in a row as far as fueling goes. I wasnt sure if the Smarty increases pressure so I wanted to compare my rail press. to others to see If I needed a box and decide if I wanted to down load the REVO software. I know I want a CP3 kit and lift pump but I just want to make sure I dont need anything else.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
with a pressure box, I see about 7.5k at idle, 18-20k cruising at 70 and like 22-23k at wot...

With smarty running "stock" rail pressure, i'm seeing 6.5k at idle and peaked around 21k...maybe 22k, don't remember.
What do you see stock???

Then with the Puck, i'm seeing 6.5k at idle, still, and peak of 26k....

What's the max pressure we're supposed to be running with stock injectors?????

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
25 - 26 is responsible high side..... Modded CP3 and Smarty with MP8 we saw one of them 30k gauges bounce the other day.

Keep in mind, higher pressures cause accelerated wear on the injectors.... you don't really want to daily drive much higher than 25K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts